Thread: "Azarkant", sci-fi short animated film, Andrey Klimov, 2013, Russia

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

"Azarkant"
    November 4, 2013

In the future, a team of astronauts are sent on a ten year journey to a distant planet to find new life. On their way, they encounter a large, abandoned spaceship that is drifting in the orbit of a mysterious planet. They board the ship with anticipation of the great discoveries to uncover inside. However, they do not know what terrible secret this spacecraft keeps -- a nightmarish threat which is far bigger and scarier than anything they could have imagined.

Written and directed
    - Andrey Klimov
    Music composers and sound designers:
    - Arseniy Sichev
    - Artem Novikov
    Character animation in some scenes:
    - Evgeny Krevnyy
    - Vasily Viktorov
    - Valerii Kriazhev

"Azarkant"

Published on Nov 8, 2013

Hello everyone. I would like to submit my short film Azarkant. Azarkant was done on pure enthusiasm in his spare time on a home computer . I have long wanted to work on something in his favorite genre of space fiction , and I decided to do on their own. In the video you can find references to many Hollywood movies that I was inspired . I'm a big fan of Prometheus Movie and game Halo . This is an ode to my favorite sci-fi films and franchises. Azarkant made ??in the form of a small piece of the big stories.

A huge spaceship that get lost on the edge of the universe. Within which everything is dead, and has sunk into oblivion. People have died and no one will tell you what happened here. Only the old robot, pilot who is also long dead, continues to patrol the endless corridors and execute the last command of his pilot. But one day, the door of the old space ships open again....

Credits:
    Written and directed - Andrey Klimov (Modeling, Texturing, Rigging, Animation, Lightning, Rendering, Compositing, Editing)

Music composers and sound designers - Arseniy Sichev, Artem Novikov

Character animation in some scenes - Evgeny Krevnyy, Vasily Viktorov, Valerii Kriazhev