Thread: "Cursor", sci-fi short film, Marco Castiglione, 2016, Italy

"Cursor", making of

Published on Oct 18, 2015

CGI sci-fi short film "Cursor" by Marco Castiglione

Published on May 2, 2016

Check out this great sci-fi short called "Cursor". The year is 2034. Four soldiers are sent for complete a mission: to place four systems devices to destroy robots created to kill humanity. But something bad happens. The soldiers are discovered from robots and begin, in vain, their escape. Only one soldier will survive. The salvation will have an unexpected “face”. For more information, please see the details and links below:

Marco Castiglione has taught visual effects and compositing at the University Sapienza of Rome, engaged in the realization of social and artistic projects. He recently won a second placement in a Cgtrader.com 3D modelling world wide competition.

About the Team: This is a low budget short movie. The team consists of four main actors and all of them are amateurs and not professionals, including me. About 20 people have collaborated on the shortmovie. Twenty Six softwares are used for make this movie and about 5600 hours of rendering.

The scenes were filmed using a DSLR camera in fullHD. All the robots, drones, aircraft, and the visual effects were created by me. In this movie I made almost everything: from the original concept to the final look, except some sketches, the sound design and the main theme songs. Recently, the short movie it has been selected to partecipate an important Italian sci-fi film festival called TS+F 2015