mechDOG (robot dog based on Arduino and LSS): test #1

Apr 26, 2020

First test of my new robot dog. It is based on Arduino and the new Lynxmotion Smart Servos. The chassis was handcrafted with aluminum and there are other parts also handcrafted with high impact polystyrene. The legs are completely made with brackets from the new Lynxmotion Servo Erector Set (SES V2).

It walks! (mechDOG: DIY robot dog based on Arduino and LSS)

May 5, 2020

First successful walking routine for my new DIY robot dog. It is based on Arduino and the new Lynxmotion Smart Servos. The chassis was handcrafted with aluminum and there are other parts also handcrafted with high impact polystyrene. The legs are completely made with brackets from the new Lynxmotion Servo Erector Set (SES V2).

You may have noticed the green tape on the feet... it is temporary, and serves to reduce the friction caused by the rubber tips (this should be corrected with improvements in the code)

Each leg has 3x ST1 servos (Lynxmotion Smart Servos) and they are controlled by an Arduino Uno and an Lynxmotion LSS Adapter Board.

mechDOG (DIY robot dog based on Arduino and LSS): turning

Turning gait of my new DIY robot dog (aka mechDOG). It is based on Arduino and the new Lynxmotion Smart Servos. The chassis was handcrafted with aluminum and there are other parts also handcrafted with high impact polystyrene. The legs are completely made with brackets from the new Lynxmotion Servo Erector Set (SES V2).

Each leg has 3x ST1 servos (Lynxmotion Smart Servos) and they are controlled by an Arduino Uno and a Lynxmotion LSS Adapter Board
robotshop.com/community/forum/t/mechdog-robot-dog-based-on-arduino-and-lss/65705