Page 14 of 41 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast

Thread: Coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19)

Article "Researchers Will Deploy AI to Better Understand Coronavirus"
    More than 2,000 papers have been published about the virus since December. It will take some smart algorithms to mine insights from them.

by Will Knight
    March 17, 2020

Why COVID-19 is hitting us now -- and how to prepare for the next outbreak | Alanna Shaikh

Mar 17, 2020

Where did the new coronavirus originate, how did it spread so fast -- and what's next? Sharing insights from the outbreak, global health expert and TED Fellow Alanna Shaikh traces the spread of COVID-19, discusses why travel restrictions aren't effective and highlights the medical changes needed worldwide to prepare for the next pandemic. "We need to make sure that every country in the world has the capacity to identify new diseases and treat them," she says.

Coronavirus Freight market update

Mar 17, 2020

On today's update, our market experts guide you though the coronavirus impact on trucking, demand, consumer spending, and more. In addition, we'll catch you up on today's top stories. This is a live interactive event, viewers are encouraged to comment.

How Coronavirus racism infected my high school | NYT Opinion

Mar 17, 2020

What happens when stereotypes and fear about Covid-19 arrive before the actual disease does? In the video above, Katherine Oung, a 11th grader in Florida, shows what teenagers like her and her friends face as the coronavirus pandemic brings to the surface the racism underlying her community.

Coronavirus: Boris Johnson 'We must act like any wartime government'

Mar 17, 2020

The government has unveiled a package of financial measures to shore up the economy against the coronavirus impact.

These include £330bn for companies to access loans, support for airlines, a business rates holiday, and help for small firms without insurance.

Chancellor Rishi Sunak told a press conference it was an "economic emergency. Never in peacetime have we faced an economic fight like this one."

And he promised that if this package was not enough, he would go further.

From the hospitality industry to the airline sector, companies have warned that their long term survival is under threat.

Mr Sunak said: "Some sectors are facing particularly acute challenges. In the coming days, my colleague the Secretary of State for Transport and I will discuss a potential support package specifically for airlines and airports."

Prime Minister Boris Johnson said during the same media briefing that "we must do whatever it takes to support the economy". He added: "This a time to be bold, to have courage. We will support jobs, we will support incomes, we will support businesses... We will do whatever it takes."

The chancellor said he was extending the business rates holiday to all firms in the hospitality sector and funding grants of between £10,000 and £25,000 for small businesses. And Mr Sunak said that for those in financial difficulty due to coronavirus, mortgage lenders will offer a three-month mortgage holiday.
    'No time for ideology'

He unveiled the measures after the government's chief scientific adviser said about 55,000 people in the UK now have Covid-19, as the NHS moved to cancel all non-emergency surgery and 71 people are now known to have died.

Mr Sunak said: "This is not a time for ideology and orthodoxy, this is a time to be bold, a time for courage. I want to reassure every British citizen this government will give you all the tools you need to get through this." The £330bn package was, he said, equivalent to 15% of UK GDP.

"That means any business who needs access to cash to pay their rent, their salaries, suppliers or purchase stock will be able to access a government-backed loan or credit on attractive terms.

"And if demand is greater than the initial £330bn I'm making available today, I will go further and provide as much capacity as required. I said whatever it takes, and I meant it."

He said the aid package was to help companies "meet the fixed costs of their staff without having to let them go".

Advice for seniors during COVID-19 pandemic

Mar 17, 2020

Older people are at higher risk of getting severe illness from coronavirus. That's why the health experts recommend self-isolation at home for people 60 or older, especially if they have underlying heart or lung issues.

"Keep your distance from others, including your own family," suggests Dr. Wayne McCormick, head of gerontology and geriatric medicine at UW Medicine. "I know that’s difficult because many people in our community are very attached to their children, their great grandchildren. The thing to do these days is to stay connected with them on the phone, not in person."

McCormick offers other advice, such as using telemedicine for doctor's appointments and getting groceries delivered.

Kiwibot | Using delivery robots to stop Coronavirus

Mar 17, 2020

We have already done over 100,000 food transactions, however we know that our technology can go beyond that. This week we saw the need for sanitary supplies and we have been providing masks, antibacterial gels and hygiene products for the communities of Berkeley, Denver & Medellin. We have developed a point-to-point delivery system with all hygiene controls in order to help the community.
    Robotic on-demand delivery service, Kiwi Campus, San Francisco, California, USA

A practical summary of the covid-19 situation

Mar 18, 2020

We started teaching our new fast.ai deep learning course yesterday (March 17) on the first day of the SF "shelter in place" order - we decided we should talk about covid-19 first, since it's on all our minds. After doing that, the community asked us to release the covid-19 section publicly ASAP, so here it is! We hope you find it useful.

Page 14 of 41 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast

Социальные закладки

Социальные закладки