Walking Beast, Portland, Oregon, USA

Burning Man 2008 - Giant Walking Spider Machine

Uploaded on Oct 19, 2008

I filmed this just before a dust storm rolled in and he had to turn it off. Haven't seen any other movies from 2008, though there are some from 2007.

The Walking Beast at Burning Man 2012

Published on Sep 6, 2012

The Walking Beast, a 7 ton giant mechanical walking vehicle shoots fire balls while walking at the Burning Man festival 2012. The music is the sound system from an art car in the back ground.

Burning Man 2012: The Walking Beast, a 7 ton flame throwing mech

Published on Sep 7, 2012

The Walking Beast at Burning Man 2012, This seven ton monster of metal powered by a big block chevy shakes the ground while walking and shoots rolling fire balls from a twin cannon turret.

The Walking Beast by Moltensteelman

Published on May 7, 2012

The Walking Beast by Moltensteelman is a 14,250 pound real life walking mechthat carries a driver and passenger in the cockpit while seven passengers enjoy an unforgettable ride on the top deck.

Burning Man 2012 - the Walking Beast

Published on Sep 11, 2012

The Walking Beast shows off its huge stride, flame poofers and the weird pelvic foot it thrusts down to aid in turning. Spotted along the Esplanade at Black Rock City, NV during Burning Man, 2012. The beast was built a few years back by Martin Montesano

The Walking Beast - Forward and Reverse

Published on Jun 7, 2014

Look at the twin cylinders projecting into the passenger compartment, they're slotted with chains running to each of the front legs. There's 3 coil springs stacked in them. On the downstroke they cushion the Beast's footfall, on the upstroke they give a bit of assist.
I believe they're rated @ 7,000lbs (Martin, jump in here if I'm wrong).
It's really smoothed out the ride and should add extra steps to its lifespan.
The TWB's lifetime is measured in steps, not miles or hours...

Walking Beast Goes Stilt Walking

Published on Aug 31, 2014

My friend Martin (MoltenSteelman) made the walking beast, it is an amazing creature. He was going to do a car smash and I decided to give him a stilt to try out too.

I knew it would break it was more a matter of how, where, and how soon once the beast applied its weight. The beast weighs 14,250 pounds!

The peg got driven down 3-4 inches into the ground, and then broke, as the beast stepped forward and down with all of its weight and foot pressure.

Believe it or not, one of the axles on the Beast was damaged during the smashing of the stilt and the car smash had to be postponed!

Stilts won, even though they broke! Amazing!

What an awesomely fun way to test a product!
Next time we're gonna do a full set of stilts for balance on the Beast!

See what The Walking Beast can do!

Published on Sep 28, 2015

The Walking Beast by Moltensteelman, a giant mech robot.

Back