Meta Horizon Worlds, VR world, Meta Platforms, Inc., Menlo Park, California, USA

Facebook Horizon | New worlds in the making

Aug 27, 2020

Welcome to Horizon, a social experience where you can explore, play and create in extraordinary ways. In Horizon, you’re not just a visitor. You’re part of what makes it great.

Horizon is currently an invite-only beta. Sign up now to apply

"We toured Facebook Horizon, a social VR playground entering beta with lots of unknowns"
The game-filled space aims to be Facebook's metaverse, and it's being monitored for safety, too. Who will join in?

by Scott Stein
August 27, 2020

Facebook Horizon review: the future of VR

Jan 29, 2021

Facebook Horizon VR on the Oculus Quest is a true game-changer for all of virtual reality. While I was initially very harsh against this social platform, playing it again has shone me a new coat of paint. I can really see the potential with this title. From the intuitive and deep world creation tool to the Pixar-like graphics, Horizon has the ability and potential to grow into something special. Having said that, there are still dozens upon dozens of areas this game needs to improve on if it ever hopes to become the legendary oasis-like universe it wants to be.

Horizon Workrooms - Remote collaboration reimagined

Aug 19, 2021

Workrooms is a virtual meeting space where you and your colleagues can work better together from anywhere. Join a VR meeting as an avatar, or dial in from your computer. Use the virtual whiteboard to sketch ideas. Bring your computer and keyboard into VR to work together with others, or just have expressive conversations that feel more like you’re together in person.

Facebook’s Horizon Workrooms for Oculus Quest 2

Aug 19, 2021

We got a first look at Facebook’s solution for remote work in VR on the Oculus Quest 2. Mark Zuckerberg showed up, too.

"Virtual Mark Zuckerberg showed me Facebook's new VR workplace"
Horizon Workrooms, an Oculus Quest 2 VR software beta for meetings, launches Thursday. Facebook has been using it for remote meetings for months. Here's how it works.

by Scott Stein
August 19, 2021

Back