Miscellaneous

Giant 3D-printed robot spider sees world through an iPad

Published on Oct 3, 2014

You’re looking at a walking, robotic 3D-printed hexapod that can see its terrain and is controlled wirelessly from an iPad.

Pablo's Ball of Fear

Published on Feb 9, 2015

It looks harmless, but give it a poke and it turns into the stuff of nightmares. Hate spiders? Then you'll want to look away as it makes a grown man scream. What behavior are these harvestmen exhibiting?

Robot Spiders Controlled by Intel's Edison Chip

Published on May 27, 2015

How do you get robot spiders to dance in unison? One way is building them with Intel's Edison development board as their brains. We were drawn to there mesmerizing robot hexapods at Maker Faire, and chat with their maker to learn how they were 3D printed, assembled, and programmed.

Eight Legs Robot Spider walks

Uploaded on Apr 17, 2008

Now these are the first slow movements using inverse kinematics and some simple lookup table for the walking sequence. When lifting up, the spider is about 60cm or 2 ft tall.Oh, BTW, the spider is carrying its battery. The wire is for the serial connection only until I have the CPU board running!

Spiderbot 8 legged robot by Karl Williams

Published on Sep 6, 2015

This is my latest robot, designed entirely with CAD. Most of the parts were 3D printed. The 8 legged spider robot can be controlled by smartphone using Bluetooth LE. Will be adding some sensors and using this robot to experiment with spider AI.

Snow Spider Robot

Published on Jan 16, 2016

My 8 legged robot takes a walk in the snow.

Back