Miscellaneous

Administrator

Administrator
Staff member

Hortibot - Field Robot Event 2007 in Wageningen - 13-14 June 2007

Uploaded on Apr 25, 2011

The video shows the demonstration of the Hortibot at the Field Robot Event 2007 in Wageningen Holland. The Hortibot is a Plant Nursing Robot for Horticulture and demonstrates weeding by use of a cell sprayer implement and a tine weeder. Unfortunately one of the actuators broke so was not possible to demonstrate a light weight corn seeder.

Dairy & Data Aided by Robots
April 23, 2013

The Leech family, who own and operate Ingleside Dairy in Lexington, Va., installed six robotic milking machines that are fully-automated. They were the first machines of that kind to be installed in Virginia.

Tulip fields Holland - Keukenhof - Lisse (DJI Phantom 2 drone, GoPro, Netherlands); Tulpenvelden

Published on Apr 8, 2014

Tulpenvelden rondom Lisse en de Keukenhof april 2014. De opname zijn gemaakt met een Phantom 2 inclusief zenmuse en GoPro hero 3 black bij windkracht 5-6.

Osmy
from Adrien Frey
May 11, 2014

Osmy is a small robot which cares of your apartment plants.
It structures is mainly made of Meccano pieces, and an Arduino controls all electronics and sensors.
This robot was made during the Arduino-Meccano workshop at L'Ecole de Design Nantes-Atlantique, in 2014.
The workshop was sponsored by Meccano.

Robotic fruit picking project

Published on Sep 23, 2013

Progress at the 18 month mark.

The objective of this project is to develop an ultra low cost and weight modular and adaptable fruit picking robot suited to agricultural environments. Ideally cost should be so low as to make it pointless for others to compete as well as making large scale manufacture cheap and feasible.

As a function of the modular design, a vehicle trailer with 20 or more of a refined version would be used to pick various fruit and vegetable crops. Thus far progress is looking good with preliminary software, mechanical and electronic architectures demonstrating feasibility. Pushing ahead the next stage includes refinement and preparation for full speed picking field trials.

Automated Garden

Published on Oct 7, 2014

Check out the instructable for more details: instructables.com/id/Automated-Garden

The last garden I planted next to my desk at work did not go so well. It suffered from a lack of sunlight as well as my hectic work schedule (i.e. lack of watering). It never managed to get quite enough sun or water. After a long mourning period had passed, I decided that the best way to improve the situation was to put the past behind me and start over with an automated garden.

SHEP the Drone - Worlds first Drone Sheepdog

Published on Mar 27, 2015

Watch the sheepdog of the future Shep the Drone as he moves sheep from one field to another. Filmed by Paul Brennan in Carlow Ireland.

Drones and the future of farming

Published on Apr 14, 2015

From driverless tractors to unmanned aerial vehicles (UAVs), farming technology is rapidly evolving. Farmers can use drones to identify specific plants that are diseased or infested with bugs, to save water and resources, and to get a bird's-eye view of their crops.

William Metz on the Potential of Drones in Precision Viticulture

Published on Dec 16, 2015

Granted a fellowship by the Villa d'Este Wine Symposium, viticulturalist William Metz spent a year evaluating the potential applications of drones in wine making – flying a senseFly-donated eBee mapping UAV at 15 vineyards across France, Switzerland and Germany. Here William summarises his project and describes the potential value drones can bring to the wine making process.

Earthrise - Japan's Future Farms

Published on May 26, 2015

By 2050, the world will need to feed an additional 2.5 billion people living in cities. Yet as the demand for food rises, the amount of land available for agriculture in developed countries is expected to decline.

In Japan, at the Fujitsu factory of Aizu-Wakamatsu which still manufactures semiconductor chips for computers, a different project is underway which may offer a solution to this problem.

The company has converted an unused part of the factory into a farm to grow food - and more specifically, to grow lettuce. Fujitsu has focused on growing a low-potassium variety, which is sold to people with kidney problems who cannot process the mineral properly.

Join Rachel Mealey in Japan's Fukushima Prefecture to visit the sun-free and soil-free urban farms of the future.

Back