i-limb ultra, prosthetic hand, Össur hf., Reykjavik, Iceland

i-limb ultra revolution

Published on Jul 9, 2013

Touch Bionics is pleased to announce the introduction of i-limb ultra revolution. As the most versatile and dexterous prosthetic hand available, the i-limb ultra revolution offers a range a features beyond the traditional prosthetic hand to maximize a patient's functionality and overall satisfaction.

i-limb skin natural Donning and Doffing Instructional Video

Published on Apr 16, 2014

With improved construction and design, the new i-limb skin natural covers allows for better hand performance and easy donning and doffing without clinician assistance. Additional features include:
• 18 different color options for more accurate skin tone matching
• Updated color swatch system
• New wrist design to compensate for electric wrist rotators
• Optimized hand power and precision pinch mode

Rise of the Bionic Man: High-Tech Hand for Amputees

Published on Jun 16, 2014

June 17 --- Until recently, if you suffered an amputation of your hand, your options for prosthetics were very limited. Now, multi-articulating bionic hands are commercially available, and they can even sync up to your smartphone. Here's a look at how the bionic hand has changed one amputee's life. Video by: Josh Block, Justin Beach. (Source: Bloomberg)

Pam Buschle, a 54-year-old East Grand Rapids woman, had both hands and feet amputated in January during a seven-week bout with sepsis. In months of physical therapy, she has learned to walk independently on prosthetic legs and use claw-shaped prosthetic hands for everyday tasks.

Having fun with the i-limb ultra revolution

Published on Dec 5, 2014

36 different grip options can be a challenge. Here is a small selection to show how much fun it can be with the i-limb ultra revolution

Touch Bionics i-limb™ ultra has been approved by French Health officials

Published on Mar 16, 2015

The i-limb™ ultra has been officially approved for reimbursement in France! Take a look at how the i-limb™ ultra has changed Rayna’s life and how it could change other lives too.

Back