Thread: Miscellaneous

Miscellaneous

Handwriting Analysis Computer - Televac 86000

Uploaded on Oct 14, 2010

Handwriting analysis computer at in the Hall of Industry at the Arkansas State Fair, Oct 14, 2010. I remember this machine from the early 80s at McCain Mall, and my coworker who is several years older than I am remembers it from when he was 17 or 18. The only thing new is the "Espanol" option.

I just love the blinking lights and classic feel of this machine. I have no doubt that it's more of a gag than science, but it certainly looks cool!

Robot Writes Jewish Torah Scroll

Published on Jul 11, 2014

An exhibition featuring a robot writing Torah scrolls is on show at the Jewish museum in Berlin. Over the next six months the robot will work 10 hours a day to produce two scrolls, each 80 meters long, with the religious Jewish writings.

Robotic Calligraphy

Published on Feb 3, 2016

The Linz Art University’s Robot Lab developed Robotic Calligraphy that can be seen during the Creative Robotics exhibition at the Ars Electronica Center Linz. KUKA’s IIWA (intelligent industrial work assistant) robot takes a photograph and computes the brightness of each pixel. Mounted on the tip of the robot is a calligraphy pen, one end of which is tapered to a point and the other end is squared off. When the pixel is bright, the robot draws with the fine nib; when the point of light is darker, it switches to the blunt nib.

Calligraphy robot

Published on Jul 21, 2016

"My Text in Your Handwriting"

by Tom S.F. Haines, Oisin Mac Aodha, and Gabriel J. Brostow

Whiteboard Clock

Published on Feb 2, 2015

"Whiteboard Clock"
    by Maurice Bos

"Four Experiments in Handwriting with a Neural Network"
    We’ll start with a fun one that tries to predict your strokes as you write

Meet this A.I. robot showcasing calligraphy skills in southwest China

Published on May 26, 2017

A.I. robot Wang Yangming demonstrates its amazing calligraphy skills during the 2017 China International Big Data Industry Expo in Guiyang of southwest China’s Guizhou on May 26, 2017. This human-like robot is named after the famous Chinese Confucian, philosopher, and calligraphist Wang Yangming from the Ming dynasty.
    Being programed to write more than 500 Chinese characters and to lecture, it can have an intelligent conversation with the audience through face recognition. So far, the robot has some 1,000 quotations from the famous Wang Yangming installed to its “brain”.

Социальные закладки

Социальные закладки