Thread: Mariner, amphibious waterproof drone, FPV Factory, Shenzhen, China

Mariner, amphibious waterproof drone, FPV Factory, Shenzhen, China

Contributors:

Urban Drones

Swellpro Technology Co., LTD

The Mariner is our team's design and is now obsolete and out of production. We have taken community feedback changed the injection mold, changed the design and added more functions. That's how the Splash Drone was born.

The New "MARINER", Waterproof DRONE.. First water test flights in St Maarten, SXM, CARIBBEAN!

Published on Jul 17, 2014

Sure, everyone has a cool drone available now, but how many can be flown on and off the water?!? Our new Mariner can do just that, and even with an HD GoPro Hero3 attached to the bottom in a waterproof casing to gain those really cool shots from above and below the waterline! And if you're more interested in professional quality stabilized video instead of being fully waterproof, the Mariner adapts in just a few minutes!

These are just our first tests of the new Mariner waterproof drone as we dunked it in a pool a few times, but there will be plenty more test flights coming as we start flying it around some of our favorite beaches and tropical island destinations.. so keep an eye out!

New "Mariner" WATERPROOF DRONE - Unboxing & Assembly - Filmed in St Maarten, CARIBBEAN!

Published on Oct 9, 2014

New Waterproof DRONE Mariner made a wonderful fly on the lake

Published on Oct 31, 2014

New Waterproof DRONE Mariner made a wonderful fly on the lake

World's first submarine drone!!! The "Mariner" waterproof drone

Published on Jan 7, 2015

Everyone is always amazed to learn of a waterproof Drone that not only floats on the water, but can take of and land from the water also.. whether fresh water, salt water, lake, ocean, pool... whatever you want to throw it in! But what if there was a Drone you could even 'fly' underwater..? Enter the "MARINER" WATERPROOF DRONE!

It seems there is no limit to the fun you can have with the "MARINER" Waterproof Drone, and now the fun got extended to underwater like a submarine! Just think of the possibilities.. 'fly' down for a look at your boat, inspect the keel, rudder, or prop, have a look at that reef nearby.. the possibilities are endless!

"Mariner" Drone w/WATERPROOF FPV!! DON'T try this with your DJI Phantom or Inspire!

Published on Feb 27, 2015

At long last I have finally tried and tested my new WATERPROOF FPV (First Person View) system on our "MARINER" Waterproof Drone.. and it worked! But whatever you do, DON'T try this with your DJI Phantom or Inspire 1 quadcopters or you will very quickly see them sink like a stone!

What this means is now we can fly in fully waterproof mode, and simultaneously see the view from the GoPro camera on the drone with our screen on the ground, even if the GoPro is underwater! This is a customized system I have modified/built myself from existing parts, but I'm sure now that we've proven it can work, you will be hearing more about it in future production models... and hopefully hearing about a waterproof gimbal option in near future also!

WORLD'S FIRST! 'Mariner' Drone with WATERPROOF GIMBAL, FPV & filming in 4K from BVI, CARIBBEAN!

Published on Mar 6, 2015

WE DID IT!! World's First... a "MARINER" Waterproof Drone filming in 4K with a GoPro Hero4 stabilized on a FULLY WATERPROOF GIMBAL, with Waterproof FPV live-video transmission to the ground station, even from under water!

This has been a major undertaking, much more than I originally anticipated... turned out to be not so bad to make a gimbal resistant to fresh water intrusion, but flying in salt water was a completely different story.. what worked in fresh water definitely did not work in salt water.. but we kept at it and finally have a working sample that flies off both fresh water and saltwater.. and here is the video that illustrates it!

Drone crash in the ocean at 50mph and survives! This is why you only buy a waterproof drone!

Published on May 31, 2015

Yes, this is why you if you are buying a drone, you should ONLY buy a waterproof Drone like the new Mariner2 (Splash Drone) that floats! One of my best Mariner / Splash Drones went down last week, signal got blocked and it flew off on its own and as the video shows, crashed into the sea from 300ft at almost 50mph based on the last recorded descent rate that I recorded.

Still don't know exactly what interfered with it, but definitely the message here is that any other drone would have been lost to the depths of Davey Jones Locker alongside many other vessels lost at sea... but my Mariner held in there and stayed afloat for over an hour while I searched endlessly trying to figure out which direction it flew off to!

I receive emails from many of you that have lost drones in the water, whether ocean, lakes, swimming pools, rain squalls, etc... and all I can tell you is that if you want to avoid any losses in the future, then a waterproof drone is your ONLY answer! And lets not forget that the new Mariner2 (Splash Drone) is not only waterproof, it comes with cargo drop feature, search and rescue capabilities for Coast Guard or otherwise, can carry an LED flare to 300ft for 15 minutes, drop a self-inflating life preserver to a drowning swimmer in the water, films in 4K UltraHD resolution with a GoPro4, and on and on and on... this drone is worth a look, and you can find it in the store section of our website at: