Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Miscellaneous

Article "Life in 2028: how advances in AI could change our lives for the better - and worse"
    The National's Jonathan Gornall looks at how life as we know it could be dramatically different in just a few years

by Jonathan Gornall
    April 7, 2018

Prof. Aaron Benanav on Automation, Technological Unemployment and UBI

May 31, 2020

Prof. Aaron Benanav has devoted his life to studying unemployment. Given that automation, technological unemployment, and universal basic income have become hot political and economic issues across the world, it was about time to have a podcast episode exclusively on those topics. I hope you enjoy it and learn as much from Aaron as I did.

During this near 2-hour-long interview with Aaron Benanav, we cover a variety of interesting topics such as: why he is a historian of unemployment; the biggest issues humanity is facing today; why we should all care about unemployment and the problems of defining and measuring it; the relationship between automation, jobs, productivity, and output; why the term technological unemployment is inaccurate and misleading; productivity growth, job churning, labor demand and economic growth; the capitalist incentive to replace rather than to enhance and empower; technological unemployment and universal basic income [UBI] from the left and the right; oversupply of capital, undersupply of investment opportunities and secular stagnation; John Maynard Keynes and the Economic Possibilities of Our Grand Children; modern monetary policy, post-scarcity, and capitalism.

My favorite quote that I will take away from this conversation with Aaron Benanav is:

Don’t fear technological unemployment but long term tendency for stagnation.

Article "AI Will Destroy Jobs. So What Are We Going to Do About It?"
    We need a contingency plan for how to handle this societal change—now.

by Ben Parr
    May 16, 2023
    Last edited by Airicist2; 16th May 2023 at 22:33.

Article "ChatGPT provided better customer service than his staff. He fired them."
    Artificial intelligence is rapidly changing the world of customer service and call centers. Developing economies worry they’ll face the brunt.

by Pranshu Verma
    October 3, 2023

"Gen-AI: Artificial Intelligence and the Future of Work"

by Mauro Cazzaniga ; Florence Jaumotte ; Longji Li ; Giovanni Melina ; Augustus J Panton ; Carlo Pizzinelli ; Emma J Rockall ; Marina Mendes Tavares
    January 14, 2024

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Социальные закладки

Социальные закладки