Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Driverless driving, Tesla, Inc., Palo Alto, California, USA

Tesla Model S collision avoidance human test!

Published on Jun 25, 2016

Testing The Tesla Model S's Summon on my Guinea Pig, errr, friend Mike Anthony, during my annual Tesla & EV Get Together BBQ.
    We tested the car in 3 modes, Summon, Which did perfect job stopping each time, TACC And Autopilot failed to attempt to stop the car, though give a audible and visual collision warning. It failed in our opinion to attempt to slow or stop the car. Now, each situation is different, but in this case, it did not work. I have had it emergency brake when another car has pulled out in front of me though.
    "Tesla goes one for three in DIY pedestrian-avoidance test"
    Tesla Model S owner uses his 'friend' as a stand-in.

by Danny King
    June 27, 2016

Iain Thomson (The Register) explains recent Tesla fatality, the 1st self-driving car death

Published on Jul 4, 2016

Esteemed reporter Iain Thomson of The Register and seasoned entrepreneur Robert Scoble of Upload VR join Jason for a gripping News Roundtable on this episode of This Week in Startups. Robert starts off the discussion with some juicy background on some of the cutting edge tech in virtual reality, while Iain explains why nobody should be worried about Tesla’s autopilot feature following the fatal accident. The group then rips apart some of the more fantastical ventures, such as a new military beta-tested jetpack, and Larry Page’s investments in flying cars. Finally, with the world on the edge after Brexit, this news roundtable takes a natural turn into both global and domestic political issues, including terrorism, gun control, and national security.

Tesla's Autopilot is irresponsible because cars are no smartphones

Published on Jul 6, 2016

After the fatal accident of a Tesla Model S driver, a lot of questions were raised regarding the autopilot ans why Tesla calls it "beta". Lets talk about autonomous cars, software and why cars are no smartphones.

Article "Senate asks Tesla CEO Elon Musk to brief committee on fatal autopilot crash"
    Request signals increased scrutiny of automaker and comes as calls increase to disable the automatic steering function on its electric vehicles

July 15, 2016

Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast