Thread: Mantis Hexapod Walking Machine, developed 2009 to present by Matt Denton, Micromagic Systems Ltd, Winchester, United Kingdom

Mantis Hexapod Walking Machine, developed 2009 to present by Matt Denton, Micromagic Systems Ltd, Winchester, United Kingdom

Mantis - Two Tonne Turbo Diesel Hexapod Walking Machine

Published on Mar 28, 2013

After four years intensive R&D, inspiration, design and build, Micromagic Systems is proud to unveil Mantis -- the biggest, all-terrain operational hexapod robot in the world.

Mantis - Hexapod Walking Machine Tests 2012

Published on Apr 6, 2013

Mantis hexapod test footage edit. This video was shot during initial field tests in May and October 2012.

Many people have asked how easy it is to transport the Mantis, you can see this procedure at the end of the clip.

Mantis Walking Machine Simulation

Published on Aug 21, 2014

Since getting a faster computer I have been able to add hydraulic rams to my Webots mantis simulation. This is great for testing new gaits and software tweaks to give me a rough idea the kind of hydraulic flow and peak ram speed prior to testing on the real thing!

XRobots - BB-8 Droid Drives the Mantis Robot *PART 1* Full Tech Spec & Overview

Published on Sep 10, 2015

Part 1 of 2 about the Mantis Robot Build by Matt Denton who also built the real BB-8.

XRobots - Iron Man Drives the GIANT Mantis Robot *PART 2* Detailed Driving Breakdown

Published on Sep 12, 2015

Part 2 of 2 about the Mantis Robot Build my Matt Denton who built the real BB-8.

Giant Insect Mech - The Gadget Show

Published on Jul 15, 2016

Polly gets to grips with the Mantis Hexapod walking machine.

XRobots - Investigating Hydraulics with the Mantis Robot and Matt Denton

Published on Oct 6, 2016

Mantis Robot * 360 * Maker Faire Hannover 2017

Published on Sep 7, 2017

Use a Desktop Browser or the YouTube App on mobile to get the full 360 functionality. This video was shot on a Samsung Gear 360 camera.

Matt Denton: Largest rideable hexapod - Meet the record breakers

Published on Sep 17, 2018

Watching Star Wars as a seven-year-old has inspired a British engineer to create a two-tonne robot that has walked into the record books.

Matt Denton, from Hampshire (UK) has now built the Largest rideable hexapod robot, which measures 2.8 m x 5 m (9 ft 2 in x 16 ft 4 in) and weighs almost two tonnes.
    "Video: This Star Wars-inspired walking robot weighs two tonnes and travels at less than 1 mph"

by Connie Suggitt
    September 17, 2018