Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hospi, hospital delivery robot, Panasonic Corporation, Kadoma, Osaka, Japan

Hospi, hospital delivery robot, Panasonic Corporation, Kadoma, Osaka, Japan

Developer - Panasonic Corporation

Hospi on Wikipedia

Panasonic's hospital delivery robot

Uploaded on Oct 19, 2009

Panasonic has developed a delivery robot which it has tested in hotels that will one day autonomously deliver items in hospitals and other settings.

Panasonic Medication dispensing and delivery robots

Uploaded on Nov 30, 2010

Panasonic Hospi interview

Published on Jan 21, 2016

We managed to speak to Hiroyuki at the IREX 2015 Robot Exhibition in Tokyo, Japan.
    Hospi is a hospital delivery robot manufactured by Panasonic. The robot is designed to deliver drugs and other important things from one place to another. It was first launched in 2004, and at the IREX in 2013, Panasonic introduced a new version of the robot and began to conduct hospital trials. Those trials were declared successful and Panasonic has been selling the robots every since.
    Philip: Hi guys! I’m Philip English. So we are here on the Panasonic booth. We are obviously at the Japanese show 2015. I am here with a gentleman who’s going to run us through some robots these guys are looking into. So your name is?
    Hiroyuki: My name is Hiroyuki Uematsu.
    Philip: okay. very nice to meet you. So what we are going to do is we are going to look at the 2 types of robots here. So you’ve got 1 type of robot which is for medical?
    Hiroyuki: Yes. We have Hospi, this delivers hospital medicines.
    Philip: So I supposed this robot goes around the hospitals, it can deliver drug, it can deliver maybe clothing
    Hiroyuki: It brings specimens
    Philip: Okay. So have you sold any of these into hospitals? Or are they in hospitals now?
    Hiroyuki: Now? 4 hospitals used these robots.
    Philip: 1 robot in each hospitals? or has hospitals got a few robots?
    Hiroyuki: Each of them have a 2 to 4 per hospitals.
    Philip: Okay. That’s quite interesting. And these robots are going around the floor? Can they go between floors?
    Hiroyuki: Yes. This robot can use elevator.
    Philip: It got an elevator system that opens the elevator doors, robot can drive in, go up and go down again?
    Hiroyuki: Yes.
    Philip: Okay. That’s very smart. So I also understand that you have a second type of robot, can you describe what the other robot does?
    Hiroyuki: Yes. This robot is a communication robot
    Philip: And you use it in airports?
    Hiroyuki: Yes, in the airport and in the station for guidance.
    Philip: Brilliant! Have you sold any of those robot yet?
    Hiroyuki: Autonomous robot is two type and agriculture robot and automation robot, we are developing as a type robot.
    Philip: Now that’s very interesting. So to sum up you basically got 2 robots, 1 goes into medical, 1 goes into airports and they are basically there to assist and do a lot of manually tasks. I noticed that you have a third robot here, so what is this one do?
    Hiroyuki: This is a agriculture robot.
    Philip: Agriculture.
    Hiroyuki: Yes and it picks up tomatoes.
    Philip: Oh see! There’s the video. So instead of someone pick it up my hands, this robot goes along and just picks them out. Okay. very good. When will it be ready?
    Hiroyuki: 2 or 3 years after.
    Philip: 2 or 3 years after. Okay. Brilliant! And does this robot go outside or inside?
    Hiroyuki: This robot? Inside.
    Philip: Okay. Brilliant. Okay that’s right, so you got 3 new robots. You are doing a lot of research and hoping to bring out more. Okay. Brilliant! Thanks very much!

Demonstration experiments of HOSPI(R), the autonomous delivery robot, at an airport and hotel

Published on Jan 11, 2017

Panasonic Corporation's demonstration experiments with the Autonomous Delivery Robot, "HOSPI(R)," will begin from mid-January 2017 in cooperation with the Narita International Airport Corporation and the ANA Crowne Plaza Narita.

1. Drink service
    Period: Jan 14 (Sat) - 18 (Wed), 2017
    Description: The robot will move around the lobby offering bottled beverages to hotel guests. It will also provide information about bus departures.

2. Dishware collection
    Period: Jan 23 (Mon) - 27 (Fri), 2017
    Location: Narita International Airport, "Narita Travel Lounge"
    Description: The robot will retrieve used dishware and deliver them to the relevant counter.

*At the moment, there are no plans to introduce the HOSPI(R) to the Narita International Airport and the ANA Crowne Plaza Narita more permanently. With its personal care robots, Panasonic will help realize a safe, secure, and convenient lifestyle.

Hospi looks very helpfull. Hope it's really it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast