Thread: Salim Ismail

Exponential Organizations - Salim Ismail, at USI

Published on Jul 9, 2015

Salim Ismail is a sought-after speaker, strategist and entrepreneur based in Silicon Valley and Global Ambassador at Singularity University. He will deliver a talk on the new breed of exponential organizations and explain how it will completely disrupt most major industries and change how business is done in the future.

Salim Ismail on Exponential Organizations

Published on Sep 11, 2015

Salim Ismail Exponential Organizations is one of those very rare individuals who can be and look from both inside and outside of the box – all at the same time. Furthermore, Ismail is one the few Singularity 1on1 interviewees who have the uncanny ability to keep surprising me with challenging, provocative, enlightening and often unexpected answers. During my time at Singularity University [GSP’11] I interviewed Salim for the very first time and then we talked about his personal background, why he is not a singularitarian and why “We are already Gods.”

During this 2nd conversation with Salim Ismail we went both further and deeper in a variety of interesting topics such as: the progress and changes since my time at Singularity University and what SU is all about; potential cures for Alzheimer’s and Diabetes; his book Exponential Organizations and who is it for; business, scarcity and abundance; the definition of Exponential Organization [ExO]; the Importance of a Massive Transformative Purpose [MTP]; the acronym SCALE IDEAS; whether SU is an ExO or not; why Apple and Google are among the most prototypical ExOs; why we may be witnessing the beginning of the end of the era of large organizations; the monumental implications for our political, legal, economic, social and ethical structures; technological unemployment, zero marginal cost and the decline of Capitalism…

(You can listen to/download the audio file above or watch the video interview in full. If you want to help me produce more high-quality episodes like this one please make a donation! Apologies for Salim’s shorting mic which eventually died half-way through the interview so that we had to use the back up audio. Alas, those are the occasional birth-aches of my small, free podcast trying to produce expensive, broadcast quality interviews.)