Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Miscellaneous

Article "How to shoot a drone out of the sky"
    A backlash is brewing against the growing armada of consumer drones overhead. Here come the drone hunters.

by Mike Elgan
    December 3, 2016

Article "Dog fight: Start-ups take aim at errant drones"

by Jeremy Wagstaff and Swati Pandey
    January 3, 2017

SKYNET Anti-Drone Shells - Do they live up to the hype?

Published on Apr 14, 2017

I hoped to get some sample rounds of these Skynet shells from the manufacturer. It's a pretty cheap way to get millions of eyeballs looking at your product. But... they ignored me. I have no shortage of stuff I need to shoot, so it wasn't the end of the world to not shoot these. But, a person named Jon contacted me and offered to buy these for us to test. These are a pretty complex round, and it seemed a lot could easily go wrong with them. Each shell is almost $7, and even more when you add shipping. These are designed to damage quadcopters either by impact or by fouling the props with the string.

We got 6 shells, we shot them all and show you the results, good or bad. Remember, this is not a sponsored video so there was no incentive to try to appease the company and only show cherry-picked shots.

Drone capture

Published on Jun 9, 2017

How to shoot down a drone

Published on Jul 25, 2017

There are many ways to kill a drone. But what's the cheapest and most effective way to do it? A cybersecurity consultancy is testing various ways to defend against rogue drones.
    "Watch a test of anti-drone weapons, from shotguns to superdrones"

by Andy Greenberg
    July 26, 2017

Article "Dutch police retire convocation of drone-catching eagles"
    There just isn't much of a need to intercept robotic fliers.

by Jon Fingas
    December 11, 2017

High-power microwave test

Published on Mar 21, 2018

From Sept. 30-Oct. 3, 2013, Raytheon’s high-power microwave shot down multiple tier one and tier two drones during a U.S. Army live fire exercise at Fort Sill, Oklahoma. The high-power microwave uses speed-of-light technology to disrupt and down unmanned aircraft systems. In this video, the system shoots down a Flanker tier one UAS.

Raytheon CUAS Laser Dune Buggy vs. Drone

Published on Mar 21, 2018

Raytheon’s high-energy laser takes out an unmanned aerial system from nearly a mile away.

Russian drone hunts other drones with an automatic shotgun

Published on Apr 1, 2019

No, this isn't an April Fool's joke: A Russian defense contractor has patented a drone that uses a shotgun to blast other drones out of the sky. It comes from Almaz Antey, a Russian defense contractor that manufactures the S-400 Triumf surface-to-air missile that caused a rift between Turkey and the US. The tail-sitting drone takes off on the spot but flies like an airplane for greater efficiency, giving it a 40-minute range while packing a fully-automatic Vepr-12 shotgun with a 10-round magazine.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Социальные закладки

Социальные закладки