Thread: DuCTT, tensegrity robot for exploring duct systems, Coordinated Robotics Labs, University of California, San Diego, California, USA

DuCTT, tensegrity robot for exploring duct systems, Coordinated Robotics Labs, University of California, San Diego, California, USA

Developer - Coordinated Robotics Labs

"DuCTT: a Tensegrity Robot for Exploring Duct Systems"

Jeffrey Friesen, Alexandra Pogue, Thomas Bewley, Mauricio de Oliveira, Robert Skelton, Vytas Sunspiral

See OctaWorm, deformable octahedron robot

DuCTT Robot, First Climb of a Short Duct Section

Published on Feb 19, 2015

The Dual Compliant Tetrahedral Tensegrity Robot (DuCTT Robot) is designed for navigation of complex duct systems, with the ultimate goal being autonomous inspection and cleaning of such systems. The project is spearheaded by myself as one facet of my PhD research, with substantial contributions from members of the Flow Control and Coordinated Robotics Lab (FCCR) at UC San Diego and the Dynamic Tensegrity Robotics Lab (DTRL) within the Intelligent Robotics Group at NASA Ames Research Center.

Here you see a preliminary climb of a small fiberglass duct section. Due to the early stage of testing we are operating the robot with only %40 of possible actuator power, limiting the ultimate climbing speed.

DuCTT Robot, Sinusoidal Vertical Excitation

Published on Feb 19, 2015

The Dual Compliant Tetrahedral Tensegrity Robot (DuCTT Robot) is designed for navigation of complex duct systems, with the ultimate goal being autonomous inspection and cleaning of such systems. The project is spearheaded by myself as one facet of my PhD research, with substantial contributions from members of the Flow Control and Coordinated Robotics Lab (FCCR) at UC San Diego and the Dynamic Tensegrity Robotics Lab (DTRL) within the Intelligent Robotics Group at NASA Ames Research Center.

Jeffrey Friesen on DucTT, a tensegrity robot developed at UC San Diego

Published on Oct 14, 2015