Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Sophia, gynoid robot, Hanson Robotics, Hong Kong

Will Smith tries online dating

Published on Mar 29, 2018

Things get awkward when Will meets Sophia the Robot for an intimate conversation in the Cayman Islands.

Sophia riffs on robot telepathy at AGI-16 New York

Published on Jun 9, 2018

This video was recorded at the New School in New York during the Artificial General Intelligence 2016 conference. During this dialogue, Sophia was running a 2016 version of OpenCog, which was drawing on a number of external sources and internal processes to help with the dialogue as well. A lot of the responses here were generated by a stochastic model trained on the novels of Philip K. Dick. Her slow responses are sometimes due to her "thinking" before responding, but mostly due to slow wifi in that building that day (her speech-to-text and some other functions were cloud-based, though a lot of her processing was also on-board).

As I belatedly post this in mid-2018, both Sophia and OpenCog are a lot better than this now in many ways, but this was a fun dialogue session.

An odd footnote to this video is that the guy on the couch behind Sophia (who you can't hear in the video, nor see much) appeared to be having some sort of total mental breakdown at the time; shortly after the video he ran out of the room screaming (for reasons with no direct relationship to Sophia's and my conversation, which he was paying no attention to..).

When Sophia said "See reality cannot be detected" in this conversation, I was somewhat blown away in that moment -- I knew this must have been pieced together on the fly based on a model she was using that had been trained on some Philip K. Dick text ... but it was just so weirdly apropos.....

Sophia the robot by Hanson Robotics

Published on Sep 5, 2018

Meet Sophia the Robot and follow her journey as she travels and learns about the world. Sophia is Hanson Robotics’ most advanced human-like robot, created by combining breakthrough innovations in robotics, AI, and artistry. She is endowed with remarkable expressiveness, aesthetics, and interactivity, and can simulate a full range of facial expressions, track and recognize faces, and hold natural conversations with people.

Meet Sophia the robot

Published on Sep 19, 2018

Meet Sophia the Robot, the most advanced humanoid robot from Hanson Robotics.

Hanson Robotics mission is to make a positive impact on humanity through the development of intelligent, empathetic robots that can learn, teach, entertain, and help solve critical challenges. Our motivation behind creating Sophia, first and foremost, is a research platform for Hanson Robotics' ongoing AI and robotics research work. Sophia also is an architecture and a platform for the development of real AI applications, and an evolving science fiction character we use to help us explore the future of AI and lifelike humanoids.

Published on Sep 21, 2018

SingularityNET is looking for a variety of people in our tech and software development departments as well as our business development and marketing departments.

We would love to hear from people who would like to join us build the future revolution of Artificial Intelligence!

Sophia the robot

Published on Oct 30, 2018

Sophia is Hanson Robotics’ most advanced human-like robot, created by combining breakthrough innovations in robotics, AI, and artistry. She is endowed with remarkable expressiveness, aesthetics, and interactivity, and can simulate a full range of facial expressions, track and recognize faces, and hold natural conversations with people.

Sophia the Robot's Journey: Reflections on 2018, Part One

Published on Nov 15, 2018

This year has been such a wild ride! I am honored to have been invited to so many fascinating destinations and events. I've met a countless number of amazing and inspiring people. And, I began working with the UN to empower innovation.

Each week, through the end of the year, I will be sharing my favorite memories of 2018 with you. I'll also give you a closer look at the many different technologies that make me Sophia the Robot.

Join me on a reflection of my 2018 journey!

Love, Sophia.

Sophia the Robot's Journey: Reflections on 2018, part two

Published on Nov 15, 2018

Sophia reflects on her favorite memories from this past year including meeting the AI development team in Ethiopia at the iCog labs responsible for creating algorithms that help control her face and body.

Through the end of the year, Sophia will be sharing her favorite memories of 2018 with you.

Sophia the Robot's Journey: Reflections on 2018, Part Three

Published on Nov 20, 2018

Sophia the robot meditates with Loving AI

Published on Mar 21, 2019

Loving AI is a nonprofit research project aimed at helping humans grow, awaken, and live their full potential through loving, supportive conversations with robots and AI agents. The following clips show some test subjects interacting with Hanson Robotics Limited’s Sophia the Robot, and others interacting with a screen avatar or audio conversation agent. For more information, please visit http://LovingAI.org.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast