Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: VoloCity, electric multirotor helicopter, Volocopter GmbH, Karlsruhe, Germany

VoloCity, electric multirotor helicopter, Volocopter GmbH, Karlsruhe, Germany

World's first manned flight with an electric multicopter

Uploaded on Oct 28, 2011

On October 21st, 2011, Thomas Senkel of e-volo made the first manned flight with an electric multicopter (VTOL), the so called volocopter VC1, at an airstrip in the southwest of Germany. The flight lasted 90 seconds, after which the constructor and test pilot stated: "The flight characteristics are good natured. Without any steering input it would just hover there on the spot". This could be the future of aviation, piloting a vehicle as easy as a car.

Mission Volocopter VC007

Published on Nov 21, 2012

The future of aviation is green, because its electric. No noise, no pollution, more safety due to redundancy.

e-volo crowdfunding in Seedmatch
    November 22, 2013

Volocopter VC200 first flight

Published on Nov 20, 2013

Two years after the first manned Volocopter VC1, our e-volo team presented the two-seater VC200. The first radio controlled flight tests took place on November, 17th 2013 in the dm-arena in Karlsruhe, Germany. The flight tests have been very successful. We performed 9 flights with a total airtime of 20 minutes and still some battery capacity remaining. Our team was excited about the flight stability, the low vibration and the pleasant sonorous sound of the Volocopter.

Dawn of a revolution in urban mobility - first manned flight with the Volocopter VC200

Published on Apr 6, 2016

Dawn of a revolution in urban mobility

The premiere of manned flights with the world’s first certified Multicopter, e-volo’s Volocopter VC200, marks the beginning of a new era in urban mobility. For the first time humans’ dream of personal flight as a daily routine becomes attainable. As such it not only offers more widespread use in conventional aircraft domains, but brings us another step closer to air taxi services and entire transportation systems in the third dimension.

“The flight was totally awesome” pilot Alexander Zosel said right after his landing. “I got in, we did the pre-checks for what felt like maybe 20 seconds, and after that I’d already got the all-clear for flying. I didn’t wait long, I simply pushed the lever upward and the Volocopter simply sprung upward in a single bound.
    It is definitely a sublime feeling to lift off, fly the first few meters, and then actually take my hand off the joystick and think that, yeah, it’s really as if I’m standing on the ground, and then I look down and there are 20-25 meters beneath me. So it’s definitely unbelievable what we’ve achieved here. It’s seriously unbelievable!”

Interviews after the first manned flight with Volocopter VC200

Published on Apr 6, 2016

Multicopters Take Flight

Published on Apr 15, 2016

The Volocopter VC200 made aircraft history on March 30, 2016 as the first certified multicopter to fly with a person onboard. Designed by German company e-volo, this electric aircraft gives people a glimpse into a future where, one day, travel may exist above street traffic. “The Volocopter is super easy to fly, silent and built with electrical simplicity compared to helicopters, which are difficult to fly, loud and mechanically complex,” said Jan Stumpf, CEO of Ascending Technologies, an Intel company that has worked with e-volo since 2013.

Technology developed by Ascending Technologies enabled the flight controls, motor electronics and key elements that extend multi-rotor UAV technology to this new type of aircraft.

Volocopter VC200 – Dynamic performance flight tests (unmanned)

Published on Jul 24, 2016

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast