Thread: Miscellaneous

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Seahorse's Armor Gives Engineers Insight Into Robotics Designs

Published on May 1, 2013

The tail of a seahorse can be compressed to about half its size before permanent damage occurs, engineers at the University of California, San Diego, have found. The tail's exceptional flexibility is due to its structure, made up of bony, armored plates, which slide past each other. Researchers are hoping to use a similar structure to create a flexible robotic arm equipped with muscles made out of polymer, which could be used in medical devices, underwater exploration and unmanned bomb detection and detonation.
    Thank you to the Birch Aquarium at the Scripps Institution of Oceanography at UC San Diego
    Work by the McKittrick and Meyers research groups at the Jacobs School of Engineering at UC San Diego

Robert Full: The secrets of nature's grossest creatures, channeled into robots

Published on Jun 6, 2014

How can robots learn to stabilize on rough terrain, walk upside down, do gymnastic maneuvers in air and run into walls without harming themselves? Robert Full takes a look at the incredible body of the cockroach to show what it can teach robotics engineers.

Mechameleon - 3D Animation Short Film

Uploaded on Jun 17, 2008

Please take the time of 1 min. and comment!!!! its very important to me!!!!

this is my qualification video for 3d- animation at my school, still not final though, just a test

the idea for this project came from combining the words mechanic and chameleon to mechameleon, i thought it was quite funny and intresting so i picked this wordplay as a topic....

i gonna update the video asap, till then just watch and leave a comment please!!!

sound was done by a friend mine from my class

Maker Camp: Robotic Zoo!

Streamed live on Jul 9, 2014

Hop on over for a live hangout that looks at animal-inspired projects and bionics.

Социальные закладки

Социальные закладки