Thread: Miscellaneous

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Miscellaneous

What is cryptocurrency?

Published on Jan 20, 2014

Let's learn about money that only exists digitally and can sometimes make you rich.

At the Speed of Money: How Cryptocurrency Will Transform Everything | David Morris | TEDxTampaBay

Published on Oct 28, 2015

At TEDxTampaBay, David explores how Bitcoin and related technologies will radically change just about everything.

Passionate about the intersection of technology and culture, Dr. David Z. Morris is a researcher with a PhD in Communication and Media Studies from the University of Iowa. As a writer and strategist, David has written about Bitcoin and other technology for Fortune, The Atlantic, Aeon, and Pacific Standard. His academic work has appeared in journals including Technology and Culture and Communication and Critical Cultural Studies, and he has received research awards from the National Communication Association and the Modern Language Association. He is a former research fellow with both the Japan Foundation for the Promotion of Science and the University of South Florida’s Provost’s Fellows program.

Top 3 Cryptocurrency to Invest in 2017

Published on Dec 1, 2016

How to invest in cryptocurrency
    Learn my top 3 cryptocurrency to invest in 2017.
    There is only a few cryptocurrencies that deserve our attention. In this video I show you the 3 cryptocurrency you should buy in 2017 and beyond.

Number 3: Ethereum. Ethereum has been around for a few years already and is now the second biggest cryptocurrency by market cap. There was a lot of trouble with the hardfork over the past few months but I believe that future is brighter for Ethereum.

number 2: Factom has been the underdog for quite a while. I really think that factom has a lot of utility cand could become one of the most valuable cryptocurrency out there.

Number 1: Bitcoin is the first cryptocurrency ever created and we are currently in the biggest bull run we've seen so far. I am holding my breath and a lot of expert said that bitcoin would be worth thousands of dollar in 2017. I do believe the same and Im looking forward to it.

Those were my top 3 picks I think will do very good in 2017. Let me know below what are your picks.

Bitcoin: How cryptocurrencies work

Published on Dec 21, 2016

Whether or not it's worth investing in, the math behind Bitcoin is an elegant solution to some complex problems.

Vinay Gupta at Michel Bauwens & the promise of the blockchain
    April 1, 2016

Michel Bauwens & the Promise of the Blockchain
    Date: February 25, 2016

Vinay Gupta (UK)
    'Unrecognisable Capitalism'
    In this talk Vinay Gupta explains how the blockchain has come about and puts the development of this new technology in perspective of the history of computing, databases and the internet.
    codedmatters.nl/artist/vinay-gupta

FIBER and De Brakke Grond present ‘Michel Bauwens & The Promise of the Blockchain – Future applications of decentralized databases’. This event is part of ‘All Futures Memories’ (De Brakke Grond) and is FIBER’s 12th edition of their Coded Matter(s) event series.
    The rise of the infamous cryptocurrency Bitcoin has sparked interest in another revolutionary technology: the blockchain, which has been predicted to greatly alter the world we live in. FIBER and De Brakke Grond Centre for the Arts presents a night of discussions between Flemish cyber-philosopher Michel Bauwens and leading artists, designers, and researchers on the applications and implications of the blockchain.

Blockchain and the middleman

Published on Sep 22, 2017

Transactions have always involved middlemen. They establish trust—but also bring extra cost, complexity, and potential for error. Blockchain provides a secure, fast, transparent, and error-free digital record of the history of transactions, and so has the potential to replace many intermediaries. Will it?

What is a blockchain? - Gary explains

Published on Sep 29, 2017