linkedin.com/company/volvo-trucks

instagram.com/volvotrucks

Volvo Trucks on Wikipedia

President - Roger Alm

Director - Autonomous Solutions at Volvo Trucks - Sasko Cuklev

Projects:

ROAR (Robot-based Autonomous Refuse handling) project

Total Solution Provider
    Volvo Trucks is the second-largest heavy-duty truck brand in the world; more than 95% of the trucks we build are in the heavy weight class above 16 tonnes. Our trucks are sold and serviced in more than 140 countries all over the world.

The company's retail strategy is based on customer orientation and is supported by over 2300 dealerships and workshops. The trucks are the core products in our total offer, which also includes aftermarket, service and extended offers.

Volvo Trucks has a production structure based on global presence. We have eight wholly-owned assembly plants and nine factories owned by local interests. About 95% of the company's production capacity is located in Sweden, Belgium, Brazil and the USA.

Throughout our production apparatus and our entire organisation we focus on our core values: Quality, Safety and Care for the Environment. With 17,000 dedicated employees, Volvo Trucks strives to have satisfied customers and to be an attractive employer.
    Last edited by Airicist2; 15th May 2023 at 00:47.

Volvo Trucks - Demonstration of the unique technology Volvo Dynamic Steering

Published on Nov 13, 2013

The all new Volvo Dynamic System is an absolute dream for the truck driver, both driving forward and in reverse. Meet Jan-Inge Svensson, the engineer behind the groundbreaking innovation, and find out about the features that makes the steering so much easier, safer and precise.

Don't miss the action hero Jean-Claude Van Damme in his world-first split between two Volvo FH trucks, all made possible by the Volvo Dynamic Steering system.

Volvo Trucks - The Epic Split feat. Van Damme (Live Test 6)

Published on Nov 13, 2013

Watch Jean-Claude Van Damme carry out his famous split between two reversing trucks. Never done before, JCVD says it's the most epic of splits -- what do you think? Please share & comment!

This live test was set up to demonstrate the precision and directional stability of Volvo Dynamic Steering -- a world first technology that makes the new Volvo FM easier to drive.

Greetings from Chuck (The epic christmas split)

Published on Dec 18, 2013

Volvo Trucks - Robot driven trucks tests active safety systems - Trucks Anatomy

Published on Oct 28, 2015

In this episode of Trucks Anatomy we visit the Asta Zero test facility where Volvo Trucks test their collision warning with emergency brake system with the help of robot driven trucks. Accurate test results are key to developing better active safety systems. Using robots instead of human drivers leads to better precision and repeatability.

“Advanced safety systems, require advanced test methods”, says Anna Wrige Berling, Project Manager, Vehicle Dynamics & Active Safety at Volvo Group Trucks Technology.

Volvo Trucks’ collision warning with emergency brake system is already standard in all Volvo FH models. By November 2015 this system will be a legal requirement on all new trucks in Europe.

Volvo Trucks - Look Who’s Driving feat. 4-year-old Sophie (Live Test)

Published on Dec 3, 2015

A full-size truck. A little girl with a remote control. A gravel pit filled with obstacles. Is our toughest truck tough enough to survive Sophie? Find out, share and comment.

This live test was set up to demonstrate the sturdiness and mobility of the Volvo FMX. A unique cage construction, cast-iron front plus corners and skidplate of high-grade steel make this a very tough truck indeed. And thanks to Automatic Traction Control – a revolutionary new feature that automatically engages the front axle when you need it – you won’t get stuck.

The world's first self-driving truck in an underground mine

Published on Sep 7, 2016

Volvo’s fully autonomous truck is the first in the world to be tested in operations deep underground in the Kristineberg Mine. The self-driving truck is part of a development project aimed at improving the transport flow and safety in the mine. The truck will cover a distance of 7 kilometres, reaching 1,320 metres underground in the narrow mine tunnels.
    “This is the world’s first fully self-driving truck to operate under such tough conditions. It is a true challenge to ensure that everything works meticulously more than 1300 metres underground,” says Torbj?rn Holmstr?m, member of the Volvo Group Executive Board and Volvo Group Chief Technology Officer.
    Volvo Group is now releasing a film showing the opportunities that open up with autonomous trucks. The film was recorded in harsh operating conditions in the Kristineberg Mine 100 kilometres from Arvidsjaur in northern Sweden. Torbj?rn Holmstr?m, who takes part in the film, wants to show how safe the truck is. He didn’t hesitate to stand in the middle of the mine gallery as the truck approached him.
    “No matter what type of vehicle we develop, safety is always our primary concern and this also applies to self-driving vehicles. I was convinced the truck would stop but naturally I felt a knot in my stomach until the truck applied its brakes!”
    The entirely self-driving truck that takes the lead role in the film is a specially equipped Volvo FMX. Using various sensors, it continuously monitors its surroundings and avoids both fixed and moving obstacles. At the same time, an on-board transport system gathers data to optimize and coordinate the route and fuel consumption. The truck is part of a development project and is being tested in real-life operation for the very first time.

Published on Jun 19, 2017

We believe that platooning offers major advantages, mainly for our customers, but also for society in the form of fuel savings, reduced emissions and enhanced transportation efficiency.

Volvo Trucks - The world's first self-driving truck in an underground mine

Published on Jun 19, 2017

Our fully autonomous truck is the first in the world to be tested in operations deep underground in the Kristineberg Mine. The self-driving truck is part of a development project aimed at improving the transport flow and safety in the mine. The truck will cover a distance of 7 kilometres, reaching 1,320 metres underground in the narrow mine tunnels

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast