Thread: Face ID, facial recognition system, Apple Inc., Cupertino, California, USA

Face ID, facial recognition system, Apple Inc., Cupertino, California, USA

Developer - Apple Inc.

apple.com/iphone/#face-id

Face ID on Wikipedia

Apple explains Face ID on iPhone X

Published on Sep 12, 2017

Apple shows how its new facial recognition technology, Face ID, works inside the new iPhone X.

Face ID is replacing Touch ID on the new iPhone X

Published on Sep 12, 2017

Apple just introduced the new iPhone X, and the full edge-to-edge screen means no more home button. No more home button means no more Touch ID, since that’s where Apple put the fingerprint scanner in older phones.

So to keep your phone secure Apple is introducing Face ID, which lets you unlock your phone by just looking at it. This new scanning feature also replaces Touch ID for Apple Pay and other apps that used Touch ID to authenticate users, like banking apps.

Can Apple make Iphone X Face ID not-racist?

Published on Oct 18, 2017

Facial recognition software has not only shown a bias in the past, but it has been straight up racist (looking at you, Google). Can Apple fix it with Face ID software?

Kim and Bryan break it down!

"The iPhone X brings over a facial recognition system that has no rival in the mobile business. Made possible by a complex array of front-facing cameras and sensors, Face ID should be a lot more secure than anything available on competing devices, as it comes with 3D depth sensing features. Unlike handsets from the competition that had facial recognition for years, the TrueDepth camera can’t be fooled with a photo of the user, and it’ll work in any conditions, even in the dark."*

NerdAlert is a talk and discussion show for the well-rounded nerd, bringing you tech news, gaming, geek culture and more EVERY DAY of the week with host Kim Horcher and friends. Proudly part of the TYT
    Network.

How Bkav tricked iPhone X's Face ID with a mask

Published on Nov 9, 2017

Hello everyone,

Here, on the table is iPhone X – the latest smartphone of Apple with Face ID feature.

According to Apple, this feature cannot be fooled by masks.

And today, let’s see what happens in our demonstration.

Firstly, I will try unlocking this iPhone X. As you see, Face ID has been enabled.

Because no one stands in front of it, the iPhone asks me to enter the passcode to access it.

Now, I will try unlocking this iPhone with a specially crafted mask.

Woa, as you see, I have successfully unlocked the iPhone X with the mask.

This iPhone is mine, clearly I can easily unlock it with my face.

In conclusion, Face ID on this iPhone X is not as secure as Apple has announced.

Thank you!

Face ID flaw: Kid unlocks mom's iPhone X

Published on Nov 14, 2017

Apple faces new Face ID security criticism after a mom demonstrates how her 10-year-old son can unlock her iPhone X with his face.
    "Could your kid's face unlock your iPhone X?"
    A family posts a YouTube video showing a 10-year-old unlocking his mom's new iPhone with Face ID.

by Erin Carson
    November 14, 2017

The mask beats Face ID on iPhone X

Published on Nov 17, 2017

Apple Iphone X Face ID already broken

Published on Nov 17, 2017

Apple's Iphone X has Face ID to unlock, and it's supposedly a lot more secure than fingerprint or passcode systems. So, is it bad a firm says they were able to break in with some simple 3D-printed pieces? Kim and Xander (Sagas of Sundry) break it down.

"Researchers at Vietnamese firm Bkav claim to have been able to defeat the iPhone X’s facial recognition with an elaborate mask made from a combination of 2D and 3D parts. In a video released this weekend, Bkav researchers showed off how the specially constructed face was able to unlock a brand-new device. According to Bkav, their “proof of concept” was performed without training their iPhone X to recognize components of the mask, just a team member’s face."

Bkav’s New Mask Beats Face ID in “Twin Way”: Do not Use Face ID in Business Transactions

Published on Nov 26, 2017

Read more about Bkav’s New Mask Beats Face ID in “Twin Way”: Do not Use Face ID in Business Transactions

Twins Vs. iPhone X Face ID

Published on Nov 4, 2017

We hack the new iPhone X.

Социальные закладки

Социальные закладки