Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Miscellaneous

This Machine Can Detect Your MEMORY!

Published on Jul 8, 2015

It sounds like science fiction – a machine that can search your memories? But using real-time brain scans and machine learning algorithms, it’s possible for a computer to look for the presence of memories about specific subjects. In case you’re worried about your memories’ privacy, there’s some good news – our brains can fool the machines. With a little practice and concentration, it’s possible to hide our memories or even construct false ones.

Article "First almost fully-formed human brain grown in lab, researchers claim"
    Research team say tiny brain could be used to test drugs and study diseases, but scientific peers urge caution as data on breakthrough kept under wraps

by Helen Thomson
    August 18, 2015

Published on Apr 8, 2014

Trailblazers in neuroscience Dr. Christof Koch and Dr. John Donoghue reveal mind-blowing insights on how the brain turns thought into voluntary behaviors and how that knowledge is empowering victims of neurological trauma with regained physical abilities.

Future Day - James Fodor - Whole Brain Emulation

Published on Mar 5, 2014

Whole Brain Emulation & Computational Neuroscience Synopsis Within a few decades, I believe it will be possible to construct working simulations of an entire human brain. In this talk I will explain why I believe this, with reference to recent work in Computational Neuroscience, extrapolations of Moore's Law, and other such matters. I will also address some common criticisms leveled against whole brain emulation, and briefly discuss some of the many ways I believe this technology will drastically change the face of society in the near future.

I'll basically be presenting selected material from this publication, with some updates and additions of my own.
    "Whole Brain Emulation A Roadmap"

Published on Mar 3, 2014

As an expert on cutting-edge digital displays, Mary Lou Jepsen studies how to show our most creative ideas on screens. And as a brain surgery patient herself, she is driven to know more about the neural activity that underlies invention, creativity, thought. She meshes these two passions in a rather mind-blowing talk on two cutting-edge brain studies that might point to a new frontier in understanding how (and what) we think.

Published on Dec 12, 2013

Public lecture by Professor Vincent Walsh as part of the Manchester Science Festival. Walsh explains some of these methods used to stimulate the brain and their potential.

Filmed 7:00 pm -- 8:00 pm on Sunday 03 November 2013 at Museum of Science and Industry (MOSI).

Published on Nov 26, 2013

Using magnetoencephalography (MEG), scientists are starting to decode brain waves and decipher human thoughts.

Published on Nov 26, 2013

The human brain is puzzling -- it is curiously large given the size of our bodies, uses a tremendous amount of energy for its weight and has a bizarrely dense cerebral cortex. But: why? Neuroscientist Suzana Herculano-Houzel puts on her detective's cap and leads us through this mystery. By making "brain soup," she arrives at a startling conclusion.

Published on Nov 22, 2013

"Life comes at us very quickly, and what we need to do is take that amorphous flow of experience and somehow extract meaning from it." In this funny, enlightening talk, educational psychologist Peter Doolittle details the importance -- and limitations -- of your "working memory," that part of the brain that allows us to make sense of what's happening right now.

Jeff Hawkins: How brain science will change computing

Uploaded on May 23, 2007

Treo creator Jeff Hawkins urges us to take a new look at the brain -- to see it not as a fast processor, but as a memory system that stores and plays back experiences to help us predict, intelligently, what will happen next.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Социальные закладки

Социальные закладки