Thread: Joy Buolamwini

How I'm fighting bias in algorithms | Joy Buolamwini

Mar 29, 2017

MIT grad student Joy Buolamwini was working with facial analysis software when she noticed a problem: the software didn't detect her face -- because the people who coded the algorithm hadn't taught it to identify a broad range of skin tones and facial structures. Now she's on a mission to fight bias in machine learning, a phenomenon she calls the "coded gaze." It's an eye-opening talk about the need for accountability in coding ... as algorithms take over more and more aspects of our lives.

Joy Buolamwini — AI, Ain't I A Woman? Presented by Organizational Transformation

Dec 17, 2018

Joy Buolamwini's session "AI, Ain't I A Woman? Presented by Organizational Transformation" at GHC 18 on Thursday, September 27, 2018. Founder of the Algorithmic Justice League, Joy speaks about using art and research to highlight and fight racial and gender biases in facial analysis technology.

Joy Buolamwini | The Open Mind

Jan 14, 2019

Joy Buolamwini, founder of the Algorithmic Justice League, talks about facial recognition bias and ethical standards for Artificial Intelligence technology.
    (Taped: 11/28/18)

Premiered in May 1956, Open Mind was created and hosted by Richard D. Heffner, American historian, broadcaster, and University Professor of Communications and Public Policy at Rutgers, the State University of New Jersey. Fifty years after its first broadcast, Open Mind continues with a new host, Mr. Heffner's grandson, Alexander Heffner. Open Mind as a weekly public affairs program was designed to elicit guests' most meaningful insights into the challenges Americans face in a variety of contemporary areas of national concern.

Социальные закладки

Социальные закладки