Thread: "The Robot Scriptures", three-part short film, Colin West, 2015-2016, Germany, USA

"The Robot Scriptures", three-part short film, Colin West, 2015-2016, Germany, USA

Filmmaker - Colin West

"Pink Plastic Flamingos", 2017 on IMDb

"The Long Slow Flight of the Ashbot", 2015 on IMDb

"We Were Not Made for This World", 2016 on IMDb

The Robot Scriptures is a three-part short film about the origin, evolution, and exodus of artificial intelligence. The idea for the film first came about when I was working for a very large tech company that was constantly considering the impending robot singularity. I began thinking about life from their point of view. The Robots that is. I thought, what happens when human beings die out and all that are left are the robot species? At that point, what would the robots know about their origin? Their creators? Their God? My hunch is, they would be asking many of the same questions we do about our own human origin -- some leaning toward spiritual answers, some scientific, some ridiculous. This film explores these questions. On a side note, I feel that if sentient robots were to write their own Grimm fairy tales, these might be a few of them.
    Last edited by Airicist2; 9th December 2022 at 09:20.

"The Long Slow Flight of the Ashbot"

March 4, 2015

An ash-collecting robot witnesses the collapse of the universe as he slowly drifts beyond outer space.

"We Were Not Made For This World"
    November 24, 2014

A robot searching for his creator in the desert lands outside his city.

Pink Plastic Flamingos

A suburban stay-at-home dad builds an autonomous robot out of his mower, but when he finds out his creation is taking over his life he sets out to destroy it.

Written & Directed by Colin West

Starring Vince Major, Sara Gorsky, Dylan Beam, Tina Matthews

Социальные закладки

Социальные закладки