Page 21 of 41 FirstFirst ... 11192021222331 ... LastLast

Thread: Coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19)

Hungry monkeys brawl over food as coronavirus hits tourism in Thailand

Mar 13, 2020

A large crowd of monkeys has been filmed brawling over a pot of yoghurt in a street in Thailand. A fall in tourist numbers amid the Covid-19 outbreak has resulted in far fewer people offering them food. The video was filmed in Lopburi, a city north-east of Bangkok that is famed for its monkey population

Article "'It’s a razor’s edge we’re walking': inside the race to develop a coronavirus vaccine"
    Around the world, more than 40 teams are working on a vaccine for Covid-19. We followed one doctor in the most urgent quest of his life.

by Samanth Subramanian
    March 27, 2020

Article "UN, WHO & Mila Map the AI vs COVID-19 Battlefield"
    Researchers looks at current studies that are using AI to tackle the COVID-19 crisis and suggests some promising future research directions.

March 27, 2020

ER doctor explains how they're handling COVID-19

Mar 27, 2020

Epidemic expert Dr. Seema Yasmin interviews emergency room physician Dr. Cedric Dark about COVID-19's effect on the city of Houston, Texas. Dr. Dark talks about how the city is handling the pandemic, and what measures they are beginning to take in preparation for the worst.

How social distancing and quarantine will change work forever

Mar 28, 2020

Working from home used to be a perk for a privileged few, but as businesses are forced to allow their employees to work from home in order to stay afloat, permanent changes are taking place. Once we're allowed to return to our offices, will we want to? Will we have to? The U.S. workforce was already moving in this direction, but slowly. That pace has been sped up exponentially, and how we work is going to be changed forever.

Coronavirus: how can we improve NHS support?

Mar 28, 2020

"I'm a local GP and, unfortunately, I've been having to self isolate for the past week and a half. I've not been able to get remote access to be able to work from home. There's been no testing for NHS staff and my colleagues on the front line have had to go and buy their own scrubs and eye equipment from DIY stores because the personal protective equipment has not been adequate. I would have thought that these would have been problems that could have been anticipated and dealt with in advance. I would like to know what specific problems people expect the NHS to have in the next few weeks and months and what they think can be done in advance to sort them out."

Fiona Bruce presents an hour of topical debate with questions from West London and live social media reaction, live at 8:05pm on BBC 1. On the panel: Robert Jenrick MP, secretary of state for Housing, Communities and Local Government, Conservative; Emily Thornberry MP, shadow foreign secretary, Labour; Richard Horton, editor-in-chief of the medical journal The Lancet; and Humphrey Cobbold, chief executive officer of PureGym, the UK's leading gym provider.

The quest for the coronavirus vaccine | Seth Berkley

Mar 28, 2020

When will the coronavirus vaccine be ready? Epidemiologist Seth Berkley (head of Gavi, the Vaccine Alliance) takes us inside the effort to create a vaccine for the coronavirus. With clarity and urgency, he explains what makes it so challenging to develop, when we can expect it to be rolled out at scale and why we'll need global collaboration to get it done. (This virtual conversation is part of the TED Connects series, hosted by head of TED Chris Anderson and current affairs curator Whitney Pennington Rodgers. Recorded March 26, 2020)

Article "It’s Too Late to Avoid Disaster, but There Are Still Things We Can Do"
    Our leaders need to speak some hard truths and then develop a strategy to prevent the worst.

by Michael T. Osterholm and Mark Olshaker
    Dr. Osterholm is an infectious-disease expert. Mr. Olshaker is a writer and documentary filmmaker.
    March 27, 2020

Page 21 of 41 FirstFirst ... 11192021222331 ... LastLast

Социальные закладки

Социальные закладки