Thread: Michael Irwin Jordan

Michael I. Jordan: Machine Learning: Dynamical, Stochastic & Economic Perspectives

May 2, 2019

2019 Purdue Engineering Distinguished Lecture Series presenter Dr. Michael I. Jordan

While there has been significant progress at the interface of statistics and computer science in recent years, many fundamental challenges remain. Some are mathematical and algorithmic in nature, such as the challenges associated with optimization and sampling in high-dimensional spaces. Some are statistical, including the challenges associated with multiple decision-making. Others are economic in nature, including the need to cope with scarcity and provide incentives in learning-based two-way markets. Jordan's seminar present recent progress on each of these fronts.

Michael I. Jordan is the Pehong Chen Distinguished Professor in the Department of Electrical Engineering and Computer Science and the Department of Statistics at the University of California, Berkeley. His research interests bridge the computational, statistical, cognitive and biological sciences.

Michael I. Jordan: Machine Learning, Recommender Systems, and the Future of AI | AI Podcast #74

Feb 24, 2020

Michael I Jordan is a professor at Berkeley, and one of the most influential people in the history of machine learning, statistics, and artificial intelligence. He has been cited over 170,000 times and has mentored many of the world-class researchers defining the field of AI today, including Andrew Ng, Zoubin Ghahramani, Ben Taskar, and Yoshua Bengio. This conversation is part of the Artificial Intelligence podcast.

Talking about AI with the Italian Michael Jordan

Jan 10, 2024

Prof. Michael Jordan offers his provocative thoughts on the blending of AI and economics and takes us on a tour of Trieste, a beautiful and grand city in northern Italy.

Социальные закладки

Социальные закладки