Thread: Amoeba, soft robot courier, Amoeba Energy Co., Ltd., Fujisawa City, Kanagawa, Japan

Amoeba, soft robot courier, Amoeba Energy Co., Ltd., Fujisawa City, Kanagawa, Japan

AMOEBA ENERGY's Slide Show presented at ICRA2019

May 23, 2019

Amoeba Energy Co., Ltd. is a Tokyo-based robot company established in 2018

Amoeba Energy

Apr 26, 2020

- Right so hi guys. It's Philip English, 2019 iREX. And we're here at another stand and this is quite an interesting stand. This looks set out to be like this soft robotics. So, I'll get the gentleman to introduce himself and tell us a little bit more about the company. So what's your name sir?

- Masashi Aono, I'm CEO of Amoeba Energy.

- All right, fantastic. And can you give us an overview of your product really.

- Yes so we are creating a soft robot. The robot made of the soft material, and in this case we are using the rubber foam for the track. So that this robot can climb up, climb down the stairs with arbitrary, you know defense types of steps. 'cause the soft material changes their shapes. So even though there are many irregularities this robot doesn't care.

- It doesn't care. And the idea is this for to be an external robot to go outside--

- We were thinking about using this robot interior. Inside a house or a building.

- Okay, okay. So it's internal like delivery. Yeah, I mean I love your branding, I mean I love the yellow and the name and everything.

- Thank you.

- I think that's really smart. I really, really like it. So this is the prototype, so how long do you reckon another year or so before you get it into production?

- So we are planning to sell our first product in 2021.

- 2021, Okay.

- By that time we'll perform many times experiments so that we can, you know, develop the techniques to get it to the market.

- And then I can see from the video, so not only can it deliver the product, it can also actually drop off the product as well?

- Yes, 'cause this robot can bend its attitude. So that we can drop the luggage in front of your door. Which makes it possible to deliver, you know, at last one more problem can be solved.

- Maybe, maybe. So what sort of price range are you thinking that this robot's gonna be?

- [ Masashi] We are thinking about a price so that you know not only the company but also consumer can use this.

- [Philip] Consumer can use it.

- And we haven't yet decided the price, but yeah.

- Okay, and then to do with the scanners. I can see you got a Lidar scanner, you've got a 3D camera?

- Yeah.

- Right at the front.

- So this we are developing the automated driving. So that with just, it simply need to give this robot the destination and it can autonomously deliver.

- Go off from there.

- Yes.

- Has it got WiFi connection and stuff like that so if you want it to speak to like a lift or something like that, it can go in a lift and call it?

- Yeah, I think so yeah.

- Yeah, on that side. And I suppose obviously you showed me a picture earlier of the ideal dream is to have an inflatable unit or you know.

- Yeah, yeah, yeah. So our ultimate goal is to create a robot with a airbags. Which is, you know, the softest and the lightest material to use for the robots yeah.

- Okay, and then the sort of max kilogram of weight that the robot can have?

- At the moment six kilograms.

- Okay,

- But if the user needs to have heavier load we can increase the payload of course.

- So could you increase the size of the robot, could you make a bigger version.

- Of course, why not yeah.

- Maybe a smaller version as well?

- Yeah, to climb up the stairs the length needs to meet certain criteria.

- To get to the basic stairs, yeah. So is this the smallest it can be for a stairs?

- Exactly yes.

- Yeah, right, Okay, okay. Yeah again, it looks like a fantastic product, you know I really like the idea about it. What I'll do then is I'll put some links in so people can find out where to find you. And yeah, many thanks for the interview and all the info.

- Thank you very much.

- Thank you very much, cool.

Социальные закладки

Социальные закладки