Thread: Balancing Strandbeest, XRobots.co.uk, James Bruton, Southampton, Hampshire, England

Balancing Strandbeest, XRobots.co.uk, James Bruton, Southampton, Hampshire, England

Strandbeest with a difference

May 11, 2020

I wanted to experiment more with dynamic walking robots, so I decided to see if I could make a walking robot that works just like a balancing two-wheel robot. I'm using a Strandbeest mechanism to make it walk, but with only one row of legs instead of two. Then we'll add electronics with an IMU to read the angle and try to tune it.

Balancing Strandbeest

May 25, 2020

I wanted to experiment more with dynamic walking robots, so I decided to see if I could make a walking robot that works just like a balancing two-wheel robot. I'm using a Strandbeest mechanism to make it walk, but with only one row of legs instead of two.

This time I'm adding the electronics which consist of an ODrive Robotice brushless motor driver, a Teensy 3.2, and an MPU6050 Inertial Measure Unit which can measure the angle that the robot it tipping to. I found it quite challenging to tune the robot to balance and it only walks in one direction.

Социальные закладки

Социальные закладки