Thread: Robot dolphins, Edge Innovations, Auckland, New Zealand

RNZ Interview Robot Dolphin - Made by Edge Innovations - This is an animatronic!

Jan 22, 2020

In 2019, my Chinese business partner and I were asked to work on an aquarium project. For those of you who know me as an AR game designer, - I actually mean real aquariums with real fish and water.

So, I am very excited to show you what we have been secretly working on with our partner Edge Innovations in San Francisco. In fact, I'll be secretly gleeful if some of you will look at this video and get upset because... What you see in the video is not a real dolphin!

We contacted Edge Innovations in the US, the only ones in the world who can make stuff like this happen right now, and asked if they could help us prove to the world that realistic-looking animatronic dolphins, whales, sharks or marine dinosaurs if you like, can be developed and will look so realistic that they can fool the audience.

You are looking at an early prototype and more work will need to be done. We can get the animals to run for 10 hours without charging, with a 10-year lifespan living in saltwater together with live fish!

This video was filmed as part of a client demonstration of what sort of entertainment could be put together for an audience using animatronic dolphins, Belugas, Orcas or even a Great White. Animatronics can work all day long, don't need food and don't mind taking endless selfies with visitors. We believe this approach to themed entertainment represents a humane and sustainable future!

Our new company Eutopia Ltd is looking for investors who want to come on board early to do good in the world, make a difference that also has a nice ROI.
    It's time to phase out marine animals and replace them with animatronics who won't mind being attractions.

Edge Oceanarium Prototype
    May 31, 2020

Article "Robot dolphins: the cruelty-free £20m 'animal' you can't tell from the real thing"
    Creators say robot dolphins provide an alternative to keeping cetaceans in captivity and could be rolled out in Chinese aquariums

by Charlotte Graham-McLay
    July 13, 2020

Социальные закладки

Социальные закладки