youtube.com/ragarriott

facebook.com/rgarriott

twitter.com/RichardGarriott

linkedin.com/in/richardgarriott

instagram.com/richardgarriott

amazon.com/Richard-Garriott/e/B01N5O385G

Richard Garriott on Wikipedia

Projects:

Book "Explore/Create: My Life in Pursuit of New Frontiers, Hidden Worlds, and the Creative Spark", Richard Garriott, David Fisher, 2017

He has been inducted into the computer gaming hall of fame and has received the industry lifetime achievement award. He is credited with creating the now ubiquitous term “avatar” for one’s virtual self and the category of massively multiplayer games (MMORPGs).
    “Ultima IV was the first game I wanted the player to respond to what I called ‘moral dilemmas and ethical challenges’ as they personally would [and not like an alter ego]. While doing my research on virtues and ethics…to look for ethical parables or moral philosophy I came across the concept of the word ‘avatar’ in a lot of Hindu texts. In that case, the avatar was the physical manifestation of a god when it came down to earth. That’s perfect, because really I’m trying to test your spirit within my fictional realm.” — Richard Garriott

Retro Tea Break | Richard Garriott's tells his Ultima Story

Apr 13, 2020

Richard Garriott is the man behind the legendary RPG series, Ultima. His part in the industry goes all the way back to 1979 with his first title Akalabeth. He went on to found Origin Systems with his brother Robert which gave us such titles as Wing Commander and System Shock. Today we learn about Richards history and his contribution to the video game industry.

Austin’s Richard Garriott talks SpaceX launch

Jun 2, 2020

Video game pioneer Richard Garriott talks about his own space flight and time aboard the I.S.S. as well as his excitement for the SpaceX launch.

Социальные закладки

Социальные закладки