Drawing Time Lapse: Robot

Published on Mar 30, 2012

Photoshop Walkthrough - "Robot Girl"
    September 5, 2013

This video is about Robot Girl

Big D.'s Drawing Tutorial - Drawing a Robotic Leg

Uploaded on Mar 1, 2009

Finished Image

This tutorial shows how I draw robotic/futuristic legs, arms, robots, vehicles, and so on for. This technique works well for side views of anything with joints, so it doesn't only apply to robot legs. I tend to draw these things as concepts or just to get ideas for 3D models I'll make later (usually for games).

Remember to start off by drawing all the joints first. Draw LIGHTLY so you can easily erase parts that you're not happy with. Once you have your proportions right, start drawing the major parts then keep refining them until you have a detailed drawing. For details you can add pipes, grills, metal plates, bolts, guns, lights, doors, windows, wings, jets, etc.

I didn't go into perspective in this video. I'm also not showing how to emphasize certain parts of a drawing. You can do that later on in Photoshop using color variation, line variation, sharp or blurry parts, light and dark parts, etc. That's more related to digital painting or drawing an entire scene, not just one object.

Later on, if people are interested, I can make a tutorial for drawing spaceships with proper perspective so they look more 3D. Also, I could make one on drawing and shading more organic shapes like various creatures, monsters, dinosaurs, etc.

Cyborg Drawing (Speed Paint)

Uploaded on Sep 9, 2008

Freepik helps you to find free photos, ilustrations, PSD and vectors for using in websites, banners, presentations, magazines and advertising.

Социальные закладки

Социальные закладки