Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Strandbeests

STRANDBEESTEN by Theo Jansen - September 2012
    from Alexander Schlichter
    March 11, 2013

We shot this sequence end of September 2012 in Scheveningen. We had wonderful weather, some really nice on the beach people who helped us and a herd of four animals walking very fast on the beach.
    I started my work with Theo ten years ago and every time I come back to the Netherlands to film a new Strandbeest generation I am excited to see Theo?s passion and inspiration and I am really happy to take part in this wonderful work.
    If you would like to support my future work with Theo and make further shootings possible, you could give a tip via Paypal for this video. Thank you very much!

Mini Strandbeest Kit by Gakken

Published on May 27, 2014

Theo Jansen's Strandbeest walks around leisurely, propelled naturally by the wind flowing through its turbines: https://www.adafruit.com/products/1835

Published on Jun 28, 2014

The new sails of the Animaris Ordis. It walks on quite low wind 15 km/h (7 knots). The name of the new beast is
    Animaris Turgentia Vela (strandbeest with billowing sails).
    This movie was taken June 26 9.30 pm 2014

animaris turgentia vela 2

Published on Jul 27, 2014

Strandbeest walking with low wind 6-7 knots. The full name is Animaris Turgentia Vela 2 (Zee beest with billowing sails)

storm suspendisse

Published on Aug 17, 2014

The Animaris Suspendisse is the animal I am working on at the beach this summer (2014). I try to train the beast to survive storms. It survived gusts of 80 km/h.
    Music this time not by the London Philharmic, but my own voice. Often I am humming songs during my work. What you hear is La Boheme (Charles Aznavour).

Stranbeest Fossils

Published on Nov 12, 2014

During the years of Strandbeest evoution, I threw lots of evolutionary unsuccessfull parts on the roof of my cabin. Volunteers gathered them, cleaned them and catagorized them. And they put them display cases.

kar

Published on Jun 17, 2015

Bringing the strandbeest back home after a long walk..

slurf 2

Published on Dec 9, 2015

Courtshipping strandbeests. I discovered this way moving. Don't know how I can use it to make the animals to survive the storms better. Maybe they can dig sand with it.
    In this movie the pressed air is coming from a compressor. In natural circumstances the wind is pressed into PET-bottles by pumps connected with moving wings.

Beach sessions 2016

Published on Mar 6, 2016

There will be five beach sessions in the summer of 2016 in Holland. Only 100 persons par session. You can subscribe on http://www.strandbeest.com/events.php
    The new beast will be Animaris Proboscis (moving trunk). And with gentle wind we can re-animate Animaris Ordis. See movie.

Strandbeest Exhibit, Eploratorium 2016

Published on May 31, 2016

They Jansen's Strandbeest exhibit at the Exploratorium: exploratorium.edu/strandbeest

This summer, experience Strandbeest: The Dream Machines of Theo Jansen at the Exploratorium from May 27 to September 5, 2016. This special exhibition features enormous kinetic sculptures called strandbeests—“beach animals” in Dutch—that mesmerize with their eerily lifelike motion. Constructed largely of PVC tubing and equipped with sensory organs and ever-evolving survival strategies, these amazing beests walk a wandering, wind-blown line between art and engineering, mechanics and biology.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Социальные закладки

Социальные закладки