Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Miscellaneous

LEGO MINDSTORMS EV3 Telepresence Robot

Published on May 3, 2015

The LEGO EV3 system has really opened up the mobile possibilities as it allows you to control it via Android or iOS smart devices (WIFI or Bluetooth).

Here I use 2 iPads that stream video to each other via the Quickblox.com SDK. The caller also passes down movement controls to the robot to direct it about.

The EV3 is controlled via Bluetooth using direct commands.

The QuickBlox SDK allows you to ramp up the video quality but for this demonstration I felt it was not needed

Torben Hoffmann - 'Building Lego Robots with Elixir' ElixirConf EU 2015
    May 20, 2015

ElixirConf 2015
    Robots are fun. Programming is fun. Programming Lego robots with the visual environment... well, not so fun. This is the starting point for putting Elixir on the Lego Mindstorms EV3. It ought to be fun to do, but my son and I got lost in the visual environment when trying to do advanced things. After having created a simple EV3 library in Elixir, the fun started coming back. This talk is about how the EV3 Elixir library works and how to use it to make robot control software that is easy to write and understand. Among the key building blocks of Elixir are processes, and we will have a look at how to design things using lots of processes and how that makes things easier to work with. We start from conceptual architecture and end with elegant Elixir programs.
    Talk objectives:
    - Show how using lots of processes with asynchronous message passing create super solutions in Elixir.
    - Inspire people to hack Elixir on Lego Mindstorms EV33
    Target audience:
    - Programmers curious about how to apply Elixir's processes in a good way

Lego Mindstorms EV3 Robot Car using Mecanum Wheels (Ninjaflex Rollers)

Published on Aug 21, 2015

The Model:

The Mecanum Robot Car is using 4 servo's and 1 infra red sensor all controlled by a single EV3 brick.

The Program:

The infra red remote control is used to control the Robot Car.

Raspberry Pi Lego Robot - Computerphile

Published on Feb 17, 2016

This Lego drone has a mind of its own (kind of) - Luke Geeson shows us a Lego Mindstorm car hacked together with a Raspberry Pi.

Article "Lego Is Discontinuing Its Mindstorms Buildable Robot Kits"
    Pour one out for Lego's impressively capable DIY robots, which will be powering down at the end of the year.

by Andrew Liszewski
    October 27, 2022

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Социальные закладки

Социальные закладки