Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: AI at BMW, BMW, Bayerische Motoren Werke AG, Munich, Bavaria, Germany

MINI's augmented-reality glasses allow drivers to see through the body of their car

Published on Apr 20, 2016

Jorg Preisinger of BMW Group Research and Technology explains how the prototype augmented-reality glasses his team have developed can make the solid parts of a car appear transparent.

MINI Augmented Vision, which was unveiled at the Auto Shanghai 2015 motor show this week, is a research project developed by BMW Group Research and Technology looking at how augmented-reality eyewear could make driving safer and more convenient in future.

BMW personal Co-Pilot: hands-on

Published on Jan 7, 2017

BMW's 5 series prototype with Personal Co-Pilot

Published on Jan 10, 2017

The drive started with us taking the wheel and getting on the highway, but then the car took over and drive itself - leaving us with plenty of free time. Shooting video, watching movies, reading books - there are plenty of ways to stay entertained while the car drives. BMW's software also lets you check your schedule and check out sightseeing spots as you pass by.

Autonomous cars spark an evolution in interior car design

Published on Oct 18, 2017

Experts from BMW and Intel examine how autonomous cars are sparking innovation in interior car design, and helping drive a $7 trillion passenger economy.
    BMW Personal CoPilot, Autonomous Driving Test Vehicle

Autonomous driving. What you need to know in 2018.

Published on May 17, 2018

Autonomous driving – a car that drives on its own. In this clip, we’ll give you an overview and answer questions like: What will traffic and your daily commute look like in a few years? and how is it going to work?

BMW Personal Copilot Berlin with the BMW i3

Published on Nov 2, 2018

Our autonomous BMW i3 in Berlin - When the driver becomes a passenger

Since the first BMW’s market debut in 1929, sheer driving pleasure has been transformed many times over. Advances in technology such as collision and pedestrian warning systems, steering and lane control as well as speed assistants, relieve the driver of his driving task. In the future ,we will be able to choose if we want to drive, or be driven. At a closed test circuit recently in Berlin, our self-driving prototype of a BMW i3 (Level 4/5) amazed passengers with its abilities.

Safety still comes first, even in a self-driving car. The vehicle naturally doesn’t start until all passengers have fastened their seatbelts. The display can be used not only to change a destination or stop the car, but also to control many additional functions – such as locking the doors or accessing the entertainment programme. Once you reach your destination, there’s no need to worry about parking either – you can just get out and let the BMW i3 find a space all by itself.

Innovations such as autonomous driving will fundamentally change how we get from A to B and how we live our lives. In the case of the BMW i3, this is just a prototype, but it does make one thing clear: The mobility of the future has been here for a while.

The future of driving is nothing to be afraid of

Published on Mar 27, 2019

It's a dark and cold night. THE 7 Series is driving through the woods.
    It's headlights are piercing through the misty forest, illuminating the road ahead.
    Some might find it spooky, but the future of driving is nothing to be afraid of.

At the BMW Autonomous Driving Campus, BMW is working on safer cars for a safer tomorrow.

The future of driving is autonomous and mobility is undergoing a transformation unlike anything BMW has seen before. BMW is meeting these challenges head on with innovative technologies – but the safety of their customers always remains the top priority.

Microsoft Virtual Assistant demo with BMW – Demo @ BUILD 2019

Published on May 6, 2019

A few months ago at CES, BMW launched a personal assistant for it’s cars, today that assistant gets smarter with the help of Microsoft’s virtual assistant. BMW has partnered with Microsoft to build a virtual assistant for their cars, the automaker already has already begun optimizing their assistant to control their cars, Microsoft's will become apart of offering a higher level of productivity to its drivers.

Currently, BMW’s assistant is focused on car, it’s focused on things like adjusting the temperature and changing the music. Microsoft is stepping in with a whole new focus, one that aims to make your time in the car more productive.

BMW and Microsoft’s partnership will pair the productive nature of Microsoft’s platform with the vehicle. Let’s say you want to call into a meeting while you’re in the car, without a partnership the car might leave the windows open and the music volume up when it made the call. To be truly useful to the driver the car needs to respond to the requests as well.

BMW Factory – Integration of A.I. in the production line

Published on Jul 15, 2019

Since 2018, BMW has been using various A.I. applications in series production.
    One focus is automated image recognition: In these processes, artificial intelligence evaluates component images in ongoing production and compares them in milliseconds to hundreds of other images of the same sequence. This way, the A.I. application determines deviations from the standard in real time and checks, for instance, whether all required parts have been mounted and whether they are mounted in the right place.

The innovative technology is fast, reliable and, most importantly, easy to use. Christian Patron, Head of Innovation, Digitalization and Data Analytics at BMW Group Production: “Artificial intelligence offers great potential. It helps us maintain our high quality standards and at the same time relieves our people of repetitive tasks.”

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Социальные закладки

Социальные закладки