Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: AI at BMW, BMW, Bayerische Motoren Werke AG, Munich, Bavaria, Germany

BMW driverless parking

Uploaded on Jul 13, 2006

This is a segment from "The News Show" about BMWs new robotic parking system. Just hit a button the key change remote and the car parks itself -- no driver needed.

BMW's Self-Driving car- Autonomous Track Trainer

Uploaded on Aug 19, 2011

A few selected journalists were invited at Laguna Seca to "try on" the BMW 330i Track Trainer.

The self-drifting BMW

Published on Jan 7, 2014

BMW is at CES this year with the most extreme self-driving demo yet — a 2014 2-Series that literally drifts itself through wet pavement at high speed. And fortunately, we were in the car when it happened.
    Article "The self-drifting car: taking a BMW to the limit in Las Vegas"

by Chris Ziegler
    January 7, 2014

BMW ConnectedDrive with Intel Inside

Published on Mar 12, 2014

Intel is partnering with the automotive industry and combining its world-class technology and consumer electronics expertise to help speed development of innovative, unique driving experiences from in-car infotainment, to autonomous driving. In this video from CES 2104, Stefan Grillneder of BMW discusses BMW ConnectedDrive and integrating the digital lifestyle into the car. With Intel technology, BMW ConnectedDrive has the processing performance to deliver a compelling experience to the driver and passengers, including a rich display screen interface and quicker response times when interacting with the applications.

The tablets and gestures in BMW's future

Published on Jan 5, 2015

At CES, BMW is previewing features that will debut in cars over the next couple years, including gesture control and rear-seat Samsung tablets.

BMW i8 Connected Drive Apple Watch with iRemote

Published on Oct 27, 2015

We hit the road in the BMW i8 to put BMW's Connected Drive connectivity through its paces. We pair the BMW i8 with the Apple iPhone and BMW iRemote and we also pair with the Apple Watch to see how this technology works.

The application allows you to air condition your car remotely, lock and unlock it remotely along with find its location.

"How does an Apple Watch and smart phone interact with a BMW i8?"

by Paul Maric
    October 28, 2015

BMW Gesture Control Parking - Demonstration

Published on Jan 17, 2016

The BMW i3 recognises gestures, and drives into and out of a parking space fully automatically.

The Open Mobility Cloud recognises when specific functions are next expected by users. In the Smart Home, picking up the vehicle key is the signal to open the garage door and this action gives the networked BMW i3 the signal to leave the garage. The vehicle reverses automatically, turns and positions itself outside the door ready for when the driver leaves the house. The research application BMW Gesture Control Parking means that the BMW i3 can also drive into and out of a parking space while on a journey without the driver sitting in the vehicle. The function is triggered by a wave gesture which is recognised by the smart watch and transmitted to the vehicle.

After having arrived at the venue for an appointment, the BMW i3 helps to find a free parking space. Once the system has identified a free space, the driver selects it, stops and gets out of the vehicle. While the driver is standing beside the BMW i3, the smart watch is activated using an individually configurable activation gesture. The subsequent wave gesture gives the starting signal for the parking procedure and this is transmitted to the BMW i3 by wireless connection. The use case demonstrated at the 2016 CES shows the vehicle reversing independently in a semicircle, then moving forward into the vacant parking space while controlled by the vehicle sensor system, and finally locking the doors. The manoeuvre to drive out of the parking space is also triggered by wave gestures that are picked up by the smart watch. The BMW i3 reverses out of the parking space independently and then positions itself in the right direction ready to drive away.

Article "BMW's radical future in the world of driverless cars: Firm is planning a 'complete overhaul' to compete with Google and Tesla"
    The firm said half the R&D staff will soon be computer programmers
    These programmers will build the brains for self-driving cars
    It recently partnered with Baidu on a self-driving car for trials in China
    Autonomous cars from BMW will rival those from Google and Tesla

by Victoria Woollaston
    March 4, 2016

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Социальные закладки

Социальные закладки