Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: AI in Audi

AI in Audi

Audi AG, automobile manufacturer, Ingolstadt, Germany

Cooperation with Nvidia in the creation of driverless cars

Autonomous Intelligent Driving GmbH is a 100% subsidiary of AUDI AG and is the ‘center of excellence’ for urban autonomous driving in the VW Group.

Unmanned Audi TT Pikes Peak project

Uploaded on Jun 28, 2010

Final preparations are underway for this unmanned Audi TTS to tackle the Pikes Peak Hillclimb as part of a technology experiment between the Volkswagen ERL group and Stanford University. You can see a video from earlier in the project elsewhere on eurotuner.com or youtube.com/eurotuner

Audi A7: Auto Pilot Car of the Future

Published on Jan 14, 2013

Testing Audi's self-driving and traffic light-monitoring cars

Published on Jan 8, 2014

Audi — no stranger to bringing self-driving cars to CES — is back again this year with two new demonstrations: one keeps track of the traffic lights around you, while the other lets you go hands-free in heavy freeway traffic. We had a chance to drive both

Audi's Self-Driving RS 7

Published on Oct 19, 2014

A demonstration of Audi's Self-Driving RS 7 at Hockenheim
    Read more here:
    "Audi's self-driving RS 7 hits the racetrack this weekend"

by Mariella Moon
    October 17, 2014

Racing The Audi RS7 Piloted Driving Concept

Published on May 19, 2015

Jonny has been invited by Audi to see who can race round the Ascari Race Track the faster, Jonny in a Audi RS7 or the Auto driven Audi RS7 Piloted Driving Concept.

Robot meets self driving car - Sophia by Hanson & Jack by Audi

Published on Jan 13, 2017

Sophia by Hanson robotics takes a ride in a self-driving car named Jack by Audi.
    Sophia, gynoid robot, Hanson Robotics, Houston, Texas, USA

What role does deep learning play in self driving cars?

Let’s start with how an autonomous car sees. We’ve got laser sensors and a camera on the front, radar sensor in the rear, a top down camera and a big computer in the trunk so all of this visual data can be put together and the car can figure out what to do.

Artificial Intelligence is human intelligence exhibited by machines and it’s been around since the 1950s, but until recently we didn’t have enough data to train the machines or the compute power to process that data. Affordable Compute is being driven by Nvidia who changed the game with their programmable GPUs which can process enormous amounts of data simultaneously. AI & deep learning are key technologies in piloted drive, we can find characteristics of this on the road today when it comes to object and image recognition and collision avoidance.

But if we really want cars to drive truly autonomously the car is going to need to learn on it’s own and have the ability to quickly resolve complex situations. Today I’m visiting with Audi to learn more about their piloted drive system. Wanting to understand more about how Deep learning applies to piloted drive I checked out the model vehicle Q2 deep learning concept. The car has developed strategies to learn a number of tasks like parking. At first the algorythm learns on the computer parking is simulated with several million repetitions, in deep reinforcment learning positive results are rewarded with a high score, the error values decrease significantly. The sensors on the model car are the same what’s appears on a full size car, like Jack, Audi’s piloted drive A7.

Even though this is my first time driving in an Autonomous car, I trust it completely, my biggest problem was I didn’t know what to do with my hands! On my second drive I was joined by Dr Klaus Fervine who really go into explaining Deep Learning & piloted drive.

My first autonomous driving experience with Jack the Audi A7

Nothing is more Sci-Fi than self driving cars and robots. Today I get to interview Sophia who is artificially intelligent inside of Jack who is an autonomous vehicle. Sophia’s is just starting to develop her personality, just like Jack is growing towards full autonomy on the road, watch Sophia take a ride in Audi’s piloted drive A7 on the Autoban in Germany.

Audi's newest car will have level-3 autonomy

Published on Jul 11, 2017

The A8 luxury sedan will be semi-autonomous up to 37 mph.

After a sneak peak of the vehicle parking itself and appearing in Spider-Man: Homecoming, the Audi A8 luxury sedan is finally being shown off in all its high-tech glory. With level 3 autonomy, active electronic suspension, a mild hybrid engine and brand new infotainment system, it's the future of the German automaker's vehicles.
    "Audi introduces its semi-autonomous A8"
    The 2019 model is the first production car with level-3 autonomy.

by Roberto Baldwin
    July 11, 2017

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast