Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Oculus Rift, virtual reality headset, Oculus VR, Inc., Irvine, California, USA

Oculus Rift DK2 Positional IR Camera Performance Test

Published on Jul 31, 2014

Read the accompanying article: "The Incredible Performance of the Oculus Rift DK2?s Positional Tracking"

by Ben Lang
    July 31, 2014

I've been lucky enough to have tried the Oculus Rift DK2 on numerous occasions prior to its release this week, but never for a long enough that I felt like I really knew the device. After receiving the DK2 this week, finally spending as much time as I want investigating its performance, I've come away beyond impressed with its performance, particularly its positional tracking prowess.

Samsung Gear VR with Oculus Hands-On

Published on Sep 23, 2014

At Oculus Connect, Norm gets to try out the upcoming Gear VR virtual reality headset, a collaboration between Samsung and Oculus. It uses a Galaxy Note 4 for its brains and screen, with VR software and optimizations designed by John Carmack. Norm shares his opinion of display performance on the Note 4's 60Hz 1440p screen, and whether the phone's technology is sufficient for a good mobile virtual reality experience.

Forensic holodeck lets jury visit a crime scene

Published on Jan 9, 2015

By feeding the virtual reality headset Oculus Rift with 3D information about a crime scene, judges and jury members can watch the crime unfold
    Full story:
    "Forensic holodeck to transport jury to the crime scene"

by Jessica Hamzelou
    January 9, 2015

CES 2015 Interview: Oculus Rift and Samsung Gear VR

Published on Jan 16, 2015

Wearables Editor Lily Prasuethsut discusses the Oculus Audio SDK on the latest Crescent Bay Oculus Rift prototype and Samsung Gear VR with Oculus's Head of Mobile, Max Cohen.

TechRadar talks - Oculus Rift is on the way, here's why we're excited

Published on Mar 27, 2015

Facebook CTO Mike Schroepfer may have let slip news of the release date for the Oculus Rift, saying we can expect virtual reality this year, we discuss.

Oculus Rift Reveal - Step Into The Rift

Published on Jun 11, 2015

Introducing the Oculus Rift! The Rift delivers on the promise of consumer virtual reality and next-generation VR gaming.

Oculus Consumer Rift Headset

Published on Jun 11, 2015

Earlier today, we got the chance to check out the Oculus Rift consumer virtual reality headset, which has finally been fully revealed to the world. We also get a first look at the Oculus Touch Controllers, unique input devices designed by Oculus themselves to make interacting with a virtual environment much easier.

Hands-on with the final Oculus Rift at E3 2015

Published on Jun 16, 2015

We get our first in-person look at the final version of the Oculus Rift along with it's just unveiled controllers.

Robot Avatar

Published on Jun 12, 2014

This is my Robot Avatar, by wearing an Oculus Rift HMD, the robots head movement tracks yours, you see out of the robots eyes (full stereoscopic vision), you speak through the robots mouth and you hear through the robots ears. You become the robot ! This all IP system allows fully remote operation.

360 Camera Rigs at Oculus Connect 2

Published on Oct 6, 2015

Filming and editing 360-degree videos requires special hardware rigs and stitching software, and filmmakers are still experimenting with how to make interesting 360 videos for VR viewing. At the recent Oculus Connect 2, we chatted with two companies working with 360 video to see what they've learned about producing video in this format.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast