Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Miscellaneous

A military Robot

Uploaded on Dec 30, 2010

Speech - Nuclear weapons vs. killer robots
    April 17, 2013

Eighth Annual Conference: Robotics on the Battlefield: The Coming Swarm

Published on Jun 20, 2014

20YY Warfare Initiative Project Director Paul Scharre delivers a presentation on autonomous technologies and unmanned systems at CNAS #39; Eighth Annual National Security Conference.

Article "Medics Prepare For Battlefield Trauma In Oculus Rift, Without Leaving Their Chair"
    Can a virtual reality training tool ever prepare someone for what it's like to be on the front line? Or will it do more harm than good?

by Sydney Brownstone
    July 14, 2014

The Future of Weapons: Advanced Warfighting Experiment

Published on Sep 4, 2014

The United States Marine Corps Warfighting Lab conducted an Advanced Warfighting Experiment as part of the Rim of the Pacific Exercise July 9 - 14, 2014. As threats to America's global interests evolve and manifest in new ways, the Marine Corps will step out smartly to assess its own methodologies, composition and equipment requirements to ensure effectiveness in a rapidly changing environment. The AWE is part of the Marine Corps' commitment to rebalance and posture itself for future security environments around the world.
    Video by Kyle OIson

Real Tracking and Shooting Portal Turret

Published on May 9, 2012

This is the final project for my Advanced Mechatronics class at Penn State University. The robot is the skeleton of a turret from the game Portal that uses an IP webcam to track a target and fire nerf bullets at them. This is the current state of the robot as of 5/9/12, but I am currently molding a shell for the frame to make it look like the Portal turret, along with improving my code to make the tracking faster. All programming is done with MATLAB and Arduino. Enjoy!

Социальные закладки

Социальные закладки