Thread: Website styropyro.com, lasers, pyrotechnics and chemistry, robotics, Drake Anthony, Carbondale, Illinois, USA

Website styropyro.com, lasers, pyrotechnics and chemistry, robotics, Drake Anthony, Carbondale, Illinois, USA

Powerful Homemade Burning Laser Built From Computer Parts

Uploaded on Jul 1, 2010

Here is a burning laser that I built nearly entirely from old computer parts, power is around 250mW. The power supply, multiple heatsinks, and laser diode all came from a computer. I had to pay for the Aixiz module and LM317 + resistors, but that only cost a few bucks. Before throwing away computer stuff, take a look inside and salvage the useful stuff! I'm also powering my 1200mW Blue laser with an old computer power supply.

Tutorial: https://youtu.be/zihZiGUKUS8

Homemade Lightsaber!?! MASSIVE 3W Handheld Laser Torching Stuff!!

Published on May 22, 2013

Here my BEAST 3000mW blue laser goes up against a bunch of flammable stuff. Most things light INSTANTLY when placed in the beam of this laser! This is the most powerful handheld laser that I've ever used!

Homemade Death Ray Laser DRONE BOT!!! Remote Controlled!!

Published on Dec 15, 2013

I present my most terrifying laser creation as of yet...the remote controlled death ray drone bot! This beast packs a potent 2W blue laser that fries anything in it's path. It can walk around and shoot it's death ray at the touch of a button.

Homemade FPV Video DRONE BOT with REAL LASER GUN!!

Published on May 16, 2014

This crawling drone bot is fitted with a powerful 2W death ray laser, along with a digital camera and a radio transmitter. Now I can sit on my couch in front of a TV screen while shooting things around my apartment. It's like a video game, but actual things are being destroyed!!

My Homemade BEAST 1.25W Green Laser Sword!!!

Published on Mar 11, 2015

Here is the brightest handheld laser that I have ever built! As you can see in the video, the output of the laser easily illuminates a room, as well as ignites nearly anything in its path.

My Homemade 40W LASER SHOTGUN!!!!!

Published on Jun 7, 2015

DescriptionJust finished building my 40W(!!!) laser shotgun!!! The output of this laser is complete insanity, and is made up of 8 parallel 5W laser beams totaling to 40W. The parallel beams are manipulated with lenses, sort of like how a choke modifies the spread of a shotgun blast.

The massive diode array is powered by a huge lithium polymer battery pack (capable up dumping 250A) and the laser array is regulated by a whopping 24 LM317 drivers.

This is definitely the craziest thing I have ever built, but I hope to beat this invention with something even crazier before too long.

Real burning homemade lightsaber!!! styropyro’s version

Published on Dec 22, 2015

I’ve seen a few videos circulating the internet regarding homemade lightsabers, where one of the coolest designs I saw utilized a mini flamethrower. I figured I better show a video of my homebuilt version of the lightsaber…where my design uses a MASSIVE 7W blue laser.

In terms of building a working lightsaber, the two main limiting factors are beam confinement and high energy density storage. With the amazing Li-Ion batteries that the scientists/engineers have developed, stupidly powerful handheld lasers can be built, just like this one here. The issue then becomes confinement, which doesn’t look possible any time soon with a device like this. Oh well, my attempt is still bright and light things on fire!!

My device uses a Nichia GaN laser diode, which was overdriven to 7W of output by running it at 4.6A with a couple high efficiency buck drivers in parallel. An anti-reflective coated glass lens focuses the beam, and the whole device is powered by two unprotected 18650 batteries in series.