Thread: Wigl, educational interactive toy robot with a musical ear, Odd IO LLC, Portland, Oregon, USA

Wigl, educational interactive toy robot with a musical ear, Odd IO LLC, Portland, Oregon, USA

This is Wigl (a music education interactive robot)

Published on Apr 20, 2014

Wigl is an educational interactive robot with a musical ear (developed right here in Portland, OR). The idea is that Wigl can "hear" notes and respond with real-world movements, lights, and dances! The goal is to have children enjoy the positive physical feedback that they receive while playing an instrument (e.g. a recorder) and make a connection with a toy that fully appreciates their musical talents!

Wigl Special Dance... wait until the end!

Published on Oct 29, 2014

Wigl dances to "The Lion Sleeps Tonight"

Wigl Indiegogo Video

Published on Nov 3, 2014

My name is Vivek Mano, and I'm the founder of Wigl. Wigl is your musical education robot buddy. So whether you're singing, playing your instrument, or playing music, Wigl dances around and interacts with the notes that it hears.

We need better engineers, and a big part of that is getting to kids at an early age. So, my goal was to build a toy to encourage their creativity, and my hope is that with Wigl we will get creative engineers out there.

"We're here to showcase Wigl at OMSI Maker Faire 2014".

With all the testing that we've done, I've gotten to interact with hundreds of parents and children. You can see their faces light up when they see a robot move based on the notes that they're playing with the instrument they're given.

So an A might make it move forward, a B backwards, and a C and a D could turn it left and right. With those notes, if they're played in order correctly, and play a song...

[Lion Sleeps Tonight on recorder]

... it does a little wiggle! And that's why it's called Wigl.

You can program it through notes to move certain ways, and program in your own dances as well.

Based on this technology, we have a platform to enable kids to learn Science, Engineering, Mathematics, and Robotics.

You have your musical instrument, and Wigl, and that's all you need!

We have a talented team that's ready to bring Wigl to you.

Support us by pre-ordering a Wigl, and spread the word to everybody.

THANKS!

SPECIAL THANK YOU TO Ali Greer, Sage Warner, and Adam Horbinski for their unbelievable assistance with Wigl!