Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Dash and Dot, toy robots, Wonder Workshop Inc., San Mateo, California, USA

Dash and Dot, toy robots, Wonder Workshop Inc., San Mateo, California, USA

Manufacturer - Wonder Workshop Inc.

Home page - makewonder.com/dash

Play-i (now Wonder Workshop) - Delightful robots for children to program

Published on Oct 27, 2013

Wonder Workshop is making computer science education accessible and fun for children ages 5+. Dash & Dot are robots that bring the magic of programming to children everywhere.

KIKI vs DOT and DASH

Published on Sep 26, 2014

This video is all about Dot and Dash, two magnificent robots by Wonder Workshop (formerly Play-i).

While the robots are hours of fun for all ages, they still had a few hitches as of last month. It was a little tricky to keep them connected to the app, and the app would randomly freeze or shut down once in a while. I had a puzzle piece get lost on me at one point, causing Dash to dash away, even when he was only supposed to display an emotion.

Other than that, I found the toys to be durable, entertaining, cute, and non-intimidating. I highly encourage people to give them a try.

We are shipping!

Published on Nov 24, 2014

After a long year of product development, kid testing, and manufacturing, we are shipping! The first orders to crowdfunding backers go out tomorrow!

A 4th grader programs Dash to solve a maze

Published on Dec 11, 2014

Dash & Dot from Wonder Workshop made their way to Barron Park Elementary in Palo Alto for Hour of Code this evening!

Cookies and Cream with Dash & Dot Robots!

Published on Dec 19, 2014

Our play design lead made a cookie and milk dispenser using Dash & Dot robots, Legos, and our Blockly app for our holiday party!

Dash Draws

Published on Jan 9, 2015

Shawn and Elizabeth (age 7) from Bourne, MA made a Lego attachment that gives Dash new drawing abilities! We loved what they did and are featuring it in the January 15 edition of Wonder Magazine! Let us know what you think.

Dash's Pi day challenge

Published on Mar 11, 2015

Can you guess the code behind the circles? Read additional details here: https://www.makewonder.com/play/ideas/27

The Ultimate Joust with Dash & Dot

Published on Mar 20, 2015

Have a friend with a Dash robot or another toy itching to compete in a battle with Dash?

See if your Dash has what it takes to win The Ultimate Joust. Prepare Dash for battle by building a weapon and armor. Then build your own algorithm to face your opponent! Try using Dot to control Dash or making Dash detect obstacles with distance sensors! Grab all your friends and stuffed animals to watch the showdown.

Kinsy, our team member's daughter, had the idea of making Dash joust, and we helped her capture the event!

makewonder.com/play/ideas/21

The Winning Wonder-Thon project!

Published on Apr 22, 2015

It's a Dash-out racing game! #makewonder

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast