Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: "Star Wars: Episode VII - The Force Awakens", action adventure fantasy film, J.J. Abrams, 2015, USA

BB-8 Droid (Star Wars) 3D printed & remote controlled

Published on Dec 12, 2015

My first version of a 3D Printed BB-8, the new robot from Star Wars: The Force Awakens?.
    Powered by an Arduino Board and remote controlled. This droid self-balance on wheels, play sounds, and has several LEDs.

XRobots - Star Wars BB-8 Droid *VERSION 2 PART 7*, Head Details & Electronics

Published on Dec 15, 2015

Sorting out some of the head details and electronics using an Arduino Gemma and Neopixles.

Making a Working BB-8 Droid Replica!

Published on Dec 17, 2015

Ever since BB-8 first made its appearance in the first Star Wars: The Force Awakens teaser, droid builders have been trying to figure out how to make their own working replica. We visit the shop of Mike Senna, veteran robot builder, to follow his progress creating his own BB-8.

Follow Mike's droid builds at https://sennasr2d2.blogspot.ca

Find the BB-8 Builders Club at http://bb8builders.club

Could NASA Use The Star Wars Droids? Roboticist Explains

Published on Dec 17, 2015

We all love BB-8, R2-D2, and C-3PO (well, mostly), but are the Republic's rag-tag hero droids fit for the real-world space trials of NASA? JPL Roboticist Brett Kennedy explains why one droid is cut above the rest for space utility!

BB-8 Visits the Museum

Published on Dec 18, 2015

At a museum not so far, far away, BB-8 made friends with the most unlikely characters. Watch as his adventure unfolds, and may the force be with you this holiday season!

BB-8 Showdown: Sphero vs Hasbro vs Disney

Published on Nov 17, 2015

It's BB-8 versus BB-8! And another BB-8! Which one will survive?

We're comparing the Sphero and Target exclusive Hasbro remote control BB-8 toys, plus Disney Store's BB-8 which is not remote controlled but still fun and easy to operate for little kids.

Building BB-8

Published on Nov 13, 2015

This is my progress on building a life-sized version of BB-8 from Star Wars Episode VII. BB-8’s head appears to float on top of a rolling ball body. To achieve this effect, I designed my version of BB-8 with two robots that work together. One robot balances on top of the ball and another, inside the ball, provides the motion. Each robot is controlled by a BeagleBone Black and programmed in Python.

XRobots - Star Wars BB-8 Droid *VERSION 2 PART 8*, Ball LEDs & Opening Panels

Published on Dec 28, 2015

Putting the LEDs in the ball and installing the ball panel-middles with two opening hatches.

XRobots - Star Wars BB-8 Droid *VERSION 2 PART 9*, Testing Driving & CAD/Code Release

Published on Jan 4, 2016

Testing my BB-8 at a UK R2-D2 Builders Club meet, also discussing the CAD and Code release for the project

XRobots - Star Wars BB-8 Droid *VERSION 2 PART 10*, Painting, Detailing & Finishing

Published on Jan 7, 2016

The last part of my BB-8 V2, painting, detailing and finishing. Check back for version 3!

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast