Thread: Symbionic Leg, Össur hf., Reykjavik, Iceland

Symbionic Leg, Össur hf., Reykjavik, Iceland

Manufacturer - Ossur

SYMBIONIC LEG User Guide

Published on Jan 9, 2013

The SYMBIONIC LEG is the first complete bionic leg. Combining a powered ankle and an adaptive microprocessor knee joint, the SYMBIONIC LEG provides unmatched benefits for transfemoral amputees.

The active toe lift in swing clears the ground and minimizes the risk of tripping. Should a stumble occur, an advanced stumble recovery feature protects the user from a fall by providing instant stance support.

Automatic terrain adaptation adjusts the ankle angle according to the steepness of the slope, generating better ground contact and optimal knee response when ascending or descending ramps.

Using the heel height adjustment, the user can change shoes or go barefoot without compromising the alignment of the prosthesis.

SYMBIONIC® LEG by Ossur - Stacey Pryor's story

Published on Sep 10, 2012

Stacey is a Telecom technology consultant, mother, and former C-Leg user, and this is Stacey's story about how SYMBIONIC® LEG enables her to move naturally with more safety, symmetry and confidence than ever before

"Before, I avoided ramps and inclines at all cost, but with the SYMBIONIC® LEG my mom noticed immediately that I had started walking in a much more fluent and natural way."

SYMBIONIC® LEG 3 - Queen's Story

Published on Jun 23, 2014

Move naturally on SYMBIONIC LEG 3, the only complete bionic leg integrating a microprocessor knee with a powered microprocessor ankle for unmatched safety, symmetry and confidence.