4 Meter (13-foot) Humanoid Robot, Hajime Research Institute, Ltd., Osaka, Japan

Assembly of 4 meter humanoid robot (13 foot humanoid robot)

Published on Oct 3, 2012

In 2010, we started a project to develop a four meter (13-foot) humanoid robot with a built cockpit. The giant robot is the largest humanoid robot in the world and has ability to do biped walking. This video shows the assembly of the waist and the leg of the robot.

Giant humanoid robot walk (HAJIME ROBOT 43)

Published on Oct 3, 2012

We started a project to develop a 13-foot humanoid robot with a built cockpit. The giant robot is the largest humanoid robot in the world and has ability to do biped walking. The pilot can get on the cockpit of the robot waist. We succeeded static walk of the robot. We are looking for sponsors for our project.

13 foot humanoid robot walk (hajime robot 43)

Published on Sep 6, 2014

Our four meter humanoid robot project has been developing a big humanoid robot. I get into the cockpit of the robot body and operate the robot.

Moving test of the arms of a humanoid robot

Published on Apr 18, 2016

I am boarding on the humanoid robot and doing the moving test of the arms of a humanoid robot. The humanoid robot is HJM43 whose height is 13 feet.

Grab test of the hand of a humanoid robot

Published on Apr 18, 2016

I board on the robot and grab the mug with hand of the robot. There are three cameras which are on the head and the both shoulders of the robot. I can monitor the outside of the robot from the cockpit and operate the arms and the hands of the robot.

The appearance of the 13-foot Humanoid Robot

Published on Jun 20, 2016

This video shows the appearance of the 13-foot Humanoid Robot HJM-43. We have been developing the robot HJM-43 since 2010.

Walk forward of a giant humanoid robot

Published on Sep 9, 2016

This video shows walking forward of a 13-foot humanoid robot. The robot walks with balance by gyroscope feedback control. This robot has a cockpit in the body. This walking test was operated outside the robot.

Four meter robot project

Published on Sep 23, 2016

This video shows member's introduction of our four meter robot project.
The robot project started in Osaka, Japan in 2005.
We developed one meter humanoid robot in 2007.
We developed two meter humanoid robot in 2009.
We have developed four meter biped humanoid robot from 2010 to 2016.

Japan: Giant robot inspired by Gundam anime series built in Osaka

Published on Oct 21, 2016

Engineers in Osaka developed one of the largest operational humanoids in the world after being inspired by the giant robot from Japanese anime series 'Gundam' on Friday.

Footage from Osaka shows a behemoth that is 4 meters tall (13 feet), weighs 300 kilograms (661 pounds), and is now on sale. One of the machines costs up to 100 million yen (€ 885,759) to assemble.

In 2010, Hajime Sakamoto started a project to develop the 13-foot humanoid robot with a built-in cockpit, inspired by the Japanese robot anime, 'Gundam.'

Covering the fingers of a big robot

Published on Jun 30, 2017

This video shows that I cover the fingers of the big humanoid robot using stretch cloths. I chose a material that does not hinder the movement of the fingers.

Biped walk test of a big robot - Knee extension of the support leg

Published on Aug 16, 2017

This video shows a walking test of a big humanoid robot. We are adjusting the walking program to improve more walking stability. This time, we changed the parameter of the knee extension of the support leg during lifting the other leg.

Walking of a four meter humanoid robot

Published on Oct 28, 2017

This video shows biped walking of a four meter humanoid robot. The robot do stepping, forward walking, backward walking, and side stepping. The robot moves the center of gravity to keep balance, and walks on two feet.

Back