AIBO, dog-shaped robot, Sony Corporation, Minato, Tokyo, Japan

Sony Aibo Promotion Video

Published on Sep 26, 2012

A 2 minute promotion video for the Sony Aibo robot Featuring the ERS-210 and ERS-220. It's not great quality, but it will have to do!

Cute and smart Sony robot dog Aibo ERS-7.MP4

Uploaded on Jan 21, 2012

Sony unveils robot dog AIBO ERS-7 smart. Robot dogs that could upset and lazy. Gestures as well as his behavior in programs such as a dog's life. Unlike the Honda ASIMO robot or robots-robots in General. AIBO has the ability to perform motion and reaction of himself.

Ezra the Sony AIBO ERS-7

Published on Feb 19, 2013

Some random clips of my ERS-7M3 (running AIBO MIND 3 software) having fun... I've had him since new in 2006 and still going strong with good care & attention :D

Can the Aibo Robot Dog Be Saved From Extinction?

Published on Feb 11, 2015

To keep their Aibos up and running, fans in Japan are finding ways to repair their robot dogs themselves, now that manufacturer Sony has shut down its maintenance services. Photo: Eric Pfanner/The Wall Street Journal

Article "Funerals are being held for ROBOTIC dogs in Japan because owners believe they have souls"

Some Japanese owners of robot dog AIBO believe their 'pets' have souls
Manufacturer of AIBI Sony discontinued product in 2006
Sony kept 'clinics' open for the pets until last year for repairs
The last of these are now closed leading some owners to stage funerals
As artificial intelligence improves, the question of whether robots are 'alive' or not will become more pressing

by Jack Millner
February 25, 2015

The Family Dog | Robotica | The New York Times

Published on Jun 23, 2015

When Sony stopped manufacturing replacement parts for its Aibo pet robot, owners scrambled to save the robot-dogs that had become part of their families.

Produced by: Zackary Canepari and Drea Cooper

Read the story here:
"A Robotic Dog’s Mortality"

by The New York Times
June 17, 2015

Two Aibo ERS-210s: Kaguya and Kasei

Published on Jul 27, 2015

I decided to make a video of my two limited edition color ERS-210s. Kasei is a holiday red ERS-210a that I got a few years ago and Kaguya is a sapphire violet ERS-210 that just arrived today. Kasei is running Explorer and Kaguya is running Hello Aibo! I tried making them go after the same pink ball, but Kaguya quickly decided that Kasei is just as fun to chase.

Mazeran Green Aibo ERS-210 Running Dogslife

Published on Oct 7, 2015

Here's the newest addition to my pack, a beautiful mazeran green ERS-210! He just arrived today and is currently running Dogslife since he didn't come with any software. He's not pinned for DHS/PAS/TAS though, so he'll probably need those repairs done sometime down the road.

Back